• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3654 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys! I posted earlier about this account that previously went by Blake.Belladxnna (I think?) and now their username has changed to 'm.minji_kim' and started posting photos of "themself" 

I thought it was strange so I went digging around accounts with similar names and found an account with a similar name but entirely different captions on the photos, dates etc. 

Possible Koreaboo? Or a catfish?

EDIT: I'm so sorry I didn't crop the photos!! :c I'll do it next time.Screenshot (183).png

Screenshot (184).png

Screenshot (185).png

Edited by Yohane
Mentioning I didn't crop the photos... :c

Posted (edited)

Hey guys! I posted earlier about this account that previously went by Blake.Belladxnna (I think?) and now their username has changed to 'm.minji_kim' and started posting photos of "themself" 

I thought it was strange so I went digging around accounts with similar names and found an account with a similar name but entirely different captions on the photos, dates etc. 

Possible Koreaboo? Or a catfish?

EDIT: I'm so sorry I didn't crop the photos!! :c I'll do it next time.Screenshot (183).png

Screenshot (184).png

Screenshot (185).png

Yikes and it's like a normal girl, not even some celebrity or "ulzzang." Also noticed the catfish tagged someone else in the selfie of minji and her friend, and the tagged account's most recent is post is Joy from Red Velvet, and has no pics of themselves or anyone else for that matter.. Also the girl who's she's stealing pics from, is a freaking middle schooler! The location on her posts is Cheongju Sannam Middle School. 

poser.thumb.jpg.91559a84ed204cfa39c8b042reality.thumb.jpg.442e91c256b4aef9ef4566

Edited by candyvalentine
submitted before I was done!

Posted

Y I K E S

Posted

God, that person must be so desperate. Unbelievable.

Posted

I messaged the real Minji to let her know since she's a minor and it was creeping me out seeing some rando try to  impersonate her. I did not mention the forum just that there was an account stealing her pics. Minji must've gotten in touch with the catfish, as they've now deleted their profile pic and all their photos and privated the account and deleted their bio (I followed them on a throwaway account of mine).

minji.thumb.jpg.0531de81772de41a56784e1fminji.thumb.png.82b764d6057c6f574083a4fcminji_2.thumb.png.a47d03497e6836006d8f9c

Posted

how fucking creepy do you have to be to steal a RANDOM, MIDDLE SCHOOLER’s pictures?? i’m sick to my stomach

thats kboo roleplayers in a nutshell

Posted

Now that this thread is somewhat active again, this is something I found that scarily relates to this topic so much. The original post subject was just something like, things that bother you online. The girl venting is black/japanese and living in Japan. It's pretty scary.

Screenshot_4_LI.thumb.jpg.f8d69aa6bafe8e

Dang that's messed up

Posted

Now that this thread is somewhat active again, this is something I found that scarily relates to this topic so much. The original post subject was just something like, things that bother you online. The girl venting is black/japanese and living in Japan. It's pretty scary.

I feel for this girl, I have a friend that is Jamaican and Japanese and she said growing up in Nagoya she has had it hard because she looked more like her father (Jamaican) and that she experienced so rough times. The sad thing is that in Japan you will find a lot of Half Japanese people that are mixed with African heritage or Caribbean heritage or Latin heritage as well. In towns like Nagoya, you'll find some stuff in Portuguese because of the small pocket of Brazilan people there. 

I just hope this girl has found justice because these people who threaten and degrade need to be taught a lesson 

Posted

Hidden Content

Yikes and it's like a normal girl, not even some celebrity or "ulzzang." Also noticed the catfish tagged someone else in the selfie of minji and her friend, and the tagged account's most recent is post is Joy from Red Velvet, and has no pics of themselves or anyone else for that matter.. Also the girl who's she's stealing pics from, is a freaking middle schooler! The location on her posts is Cheongju Sannam Middle School. 

poser.thumb.jpg.91559a84ed204cfa39c8b042reality.thumb.jpg.442e91c256b4aef9ef4566

this is so FUCKED up. why would someone ever steal selfies from a middle schooler?? why would someone even insult and degrade someone who is a mixed asian because they aren't mixed asians themselves? 

Posted

this is so FUCKED up. why would someone ever steal selfies from a middle schooler?? why would someone even insult and degrade someone who is a mixed asian because they aren't mixed asians themselves? 

Kids these days are a huge mess and plus I always quetioning where their parents are and why they did not teach them respect to other people. I would get my ass whopped, if I would behave like that. (My parents always had me under control, even on the internet.) 

Posted

this is so FUCKED up. why would someone ever steal selfies from a middle schooler??

Unfortunately this isn't a rare occurance. I knew someone who stole photos of a eurasian toddler model on insta claiming it was her cousin "to prove" she was 1/4 Korean, what was stupid was her "aunt" (mother of the toddler on instagram) was full Korean not half as the person i knew claimed.. It was all sorts of disturbing, the lengths people go to to prove how asian they are and yet they never have photos of them with their alleged asian parent. ¬¬

I wish I still had the screenshots from this as I totally would've posted it here. 

Posted

Unfortunately this isn't a rare occurance. I knew someone who stole photos of a eurasian toddler model on insta claiming it was her cousin "to prove" she was 1/4 Korean, what was stupid was her "aunt" (mother of the toddler on instagram) was full Korean not half as the person i knew claimed.. It was all sorts of disturbing, the lengths people go to to prove how asian they are and yet they never have photos of them with their alleged asian parent. ¬¬

I wish I still had the screenshots from this as I totally would've posted it here. 

it's honestly very disturbing to me. i don't get the craze over being asian because it's just a damn race! i'd be honestly really scared to meet one of these asiaboos that are obsessed with asians, and going to the lengths to where they lie about their ethnicity..

Posted

it's honestly very disturbing to me. i don't get the craze over being asian because it's just a damn race! i'd be honestly really scared to meet one of these asiaboos that are obsessed with asians, and going to the lengths to where they lie about their ethnicity..

well can we really say "asian"? they mostly just like korean and japanese men (and maybe chinese if they look "korean/japanese" enough) they don't care about any other part of asia except east asia, cause these are the "real asians"