• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3950 posts in this topic

Posted

Aw my bad

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but, is this "AsianAryanism" site for real, it's not a troll site or something? I mean.."Asiansexual pride"? Coming out? Lmaoooooo
lmaoooooo.thumb.png.9b5599d9a45485527949

its not a troll site sadly,they even have books and partner sites.

Edited by hfeuwh146

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why people lie about their heritage..? For me it might be a different experience because in my country we are pretty diverse and we are open about it. I noticed it's usually people with insecurities about their boring life and personality so they lie about being 'half white', 'half asian, 'half black' or half whatever other ethnicity because they have nothing else to share with the world. I've been reading that there are reasons why people feel this way but at the end of the day, it's still bad to lie about being mixed race. I really don't like when people dislike themselves to that point.  I want people to look at accomplishments and interests rather than basic background traits. But there's nothing wrong with being a certain origin and people should be proud of it.

Edited by EyEyRon

Posted

Many Slavic people too(inner double eyelids, not monolids), even though our hair is mostly light brown with brown lashes and eyebrows. I actually was shocked when I saw that such eyes are called "asian" on the English-speaking side of the Internet - it was a post talking about Natalia Vodianova and Ruslana Korshunova. 

I just googled this girls and I have eyes similar to theirs (also Slavic here)... It would never cross my mind somebody would call my eye shape Asian haha.

I feel like these people are convinced being white is just the most boring thing ever, and it would be sooo cool to be mixed or another race. Also some of them try to make themselves a victim by being mixed because it also makes you so much more interesting...

As someone before said, what will they think when this phase passes? When they realized how stupid was of them to lie? And mostly everyone they know saw their shit online?

Posted

There is also William and his brother Bentley from "Return of the Superman", who have an australian dad and korean mom. yet both look super-white, like a copy from their father

Like genes dont give you a perfect mix of your parents, thats not how it works. 

Omg he is so cute! I didn't know cause I don't watch the show but I often see gifs and its such a cute concept. 

Posted

idk why people only focus on eyes when discussing asian heritage. other features such as nose, face shape/structure, cheekbones, etc. should also be taken into consideration. that's how i can always tell if someone has east asian ancestry no matter how white-passing they are (but that's just me).

i actually never thought bjork was asian despite having monolids. before i knew she was icelandic i thought she was like a metis person from canada cause a lot of them look white-ish to me lol

I personally look at the nose first and it's the faster & easier way for me to tell. That's how I can immediately tell a mixed asian person isn't fully asian because of their nose.

There are white ppl who have very heavy hooded eyes but they still look very white to me because of their nose, and There are east asians with huge eyes and sometimes deep set eyes but they still look clearly Asian because of their other features especially their nose! 

Posted (edited)

Unsure if this person has been posted about yet on this thread but there is a person I started following for a bit that I thought had good makeup skills and some of my friends follow him as well but he started saying that he’s Japanese and goes by a Japanese alias as ryu who is “studying abroad” in Germany. As you can see from the Japanese in the second screenshot it’s very funky and a native speaker wouldn’t talk like this. In the third picture he’s wearing lesser makeup and it’s very obvious he’s white. I heard he was previously exposed as a German native, who is also a trans man thus to the accusations made his Instagram private and had numerous of his fans defending him one in particular saying he wasn’t trans and he’s Japanese because they skyped with him once. Thoughts? 

B3B296F5-5131-4F9B-84C6-EFED7630EA98.png

F69D595A-EB4A-4F10-98A0-0DE7DE58A90F.jpeg

B504DEB5-E408-4DA5-896F-CB5BE3EFC78C.png

I would point out the obvious mistake right away it wouldn't be りゅit would be 竜, りゅう or 龍. Or even リュウ. In my honest opinion that is, I know a couple of Ryūs and I have never seen their name or any others with a single u. Maybe Koreans will do it yes, but not Japanese. Again that is my experience and opinion.

Edited by ZilianStoleMyMoney

Posted

I would point out the obvious mistake right away it wouldn't be りゅit would be 竜, りゅう or 龍. Or even リュウ. In my honest opinion that is, I know a couple of Ryūs and I have never seen their name or any others with a single u. Maybe Koreans will do it yes, but not Japanese. Again that is my experience and opinion.

ya just りゅ isn’t normal りゅう is more correct リュウ is ok too but the latter feels more like a stage name way to spell it (at least in my opinion) kanji spelling is often interchangeable because Japanese parents can choose the meaning of their child’s name depending on which kanji. So that’s strange as well he could of just written it as Ryu with the Roman alphabet. Another thing I just noticed too the 日本のロック (Japanese rock) part is also strange because the style ryu is going for is called visual kei and likes visual kei bands so why didn’t he just write ヴィジュアル系?

Posted

I'm not sure if this person would count as pretending to be asian, but there's a girl on Instagram who goes by the name of "Minji Kim" and their ethnicity has changed multiple times.

They have claimed to be: German/Korean, French/German/Korean, Korean/Chinese, Full Korean and Japanese/Korean. :alpacadone:

They also claimed to have severe depression and was hospitalised for a suicide attempt (but was released a little over a month later).

So what do you guys think? :alpacaconfused:

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

Posted

So what do you guys think? :alpacaconfused:

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

...buuuuut we can't even see their faces..🤔

Posted

I sort of disagree, there is white people with monolids and inner double eyelids, some with black hair. For example when I first saw Björk when I was younger I thought she might have some asian in her, but she’s 100% white. Monolids and ”asian eyes” are not exclusive to asians, there is some white and black people who have them as well. I’ve read that many Finnish people have it naturally even though they are indeed white. 

As a Finn, I can second this. Many of us look like we have had Asian ancestors (which might be true as we come from around Ural mountains/Siberia). But the similar features come in with good AND bad. Yes, my grandparents have monolids, dark hair and the anti-aging skin type. And they look beautiful. But they are not K-pop stars - they couldn't be any farther away! Short legs, non-ideal body shape, bigger heads, flatter cheekbones etc.

I don't consider myself looking like Asian even though some people have asked me if I was. And I'm not delusional with my heritage either - if I'm mixed, it's probably German and (or) Russian. You know, the benefits of a small country right next to a superpower nation.

Posted

The girl running the page has a tendency to only post pictures where you can't see her face. I talked to someone who used to be friends with her and they said it's because she's insecure? 

Posted

looks like a catfish account