• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3736 posts in this topic

Posted

She changed again??

IMG_20191124_043510.thumb.png.1b258f0c5ai can't keep up anymore

she changes ethnicity real quick just like how she also changes her username lmao.

Posted

About that iris girl

ive followed her for a few years on Twitter?? Now I can’t find her anywhere...

And she’s definitely white. But does anyone know her story (I never really dug into her acct) because before she never really claimed to be asian and so I’m assuming this is something new. Before, I would assume she was talking about a father figure and a brother?? Who I assumed were to be korean 

Posted

why are all these fake asian girls also pretending to be witches? lmao talk about wanting attention

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but this is really the type of blatant lie that gets on my damn nerves 🌚 People who pretend to speak a language to whatever extent, when their actual level is probably quite low. 

“Haven’t read these books in so long”  my ass. I’m sure she just bought them to be a poser and fake that she knows Korean, when in actuality they probably sat on a shelf and collected dust. 
😷😷😷

Her being someone who lives in the USA with a white mother (and according to her, absent father, regardless of his true race), one could accurately assume that the language spoken in her home all her life was English (MAYBE Gaelic IF her mom knew it and taught her some). But add that fact to her being someone who has NEVER been to Korea before, or even had formal language study/real life experience in the language, I find it very hard to believe that she would be at a high enough level to read books/novels in Korean. Sounds like a crock of shit to me. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that MAYBE she self studies and speaks/knows a LITTLE Korean. But she’s probably no higher than TOPIK level 2. 
Lord one of my biggest pet peeves is when people lie about their level of knowledge in a language. Just say you know a little and GO.

AD1EB1B8-9BFF-4D09-8AB3-18A287C462FF.jpeg

Edited by filthy
wrong photo

Posted

I’m sorry but this is really the type of blatant lie that gets on my damn nerves 🌚 People who pretend to speak a language to whatever extent, when their actual level is probably quite low. 

“Haven’t read these books in so long”  my ass. I’m sure she just bought them to be a poser and fake that she knows Korean, when in actuality they probably sat on a shelf and collected dust. 
😷😷😷

Her being someone who lives in the USA with a white mother (and according to her, absent father, regardless of his true race), one could accurately assume that the language spoken in her home all her life was English (MAYBE Gaelic IF her mom knew it and taught her some). But add that fact to her being someone who has NEVER been to Korea before, or even had formal language study/real life experience in the language, I find it very hard to believe that she would be at a high enough level to read books/novels in Korean. Sounds like a crock of shit to me. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that MAYBE she self studies and speaks/knows a LITTLE Korean. But she’s probably no higher than TOPIK level 2. 
Lord one of my biggest pet peeves is when people lie about their level of knowledge in a language. Just say you know a little and GO.

AD1EB1B8-9BFF-4D09-8AB3-18A287C462FF.jpeg

hey @lunabxlla who changes her username each time she is mention here on PULL can you talk to us in korean in a video? a long one to be exact cos that would be so wonderful to showcase that you really know korean since you read books like that and let's see if you're above TOPIK level 2. also stop changing your username cos it just surely proves that you're lying, own up to your shit lol you don't need to hide if you legit have korean heritage or that your father is korean whatsoever.

Posted

hey @lunabxlla who changes her username each time she is mention here on PULL can you talk to us in korean in a video? a long one to be exact cos that would be so wonderful to showcase that you really know korean since you read books like that and let's see if you're above TOPIK level 2. also stop changing your username cos it just surely proves that you're lying, own up to your shit lol you don't need to hide if you legit have korean heritage or that your father is korean whatsoever.

Make it a livestream lol. Better yet, live Q&A in Korean.

Posted (edited)

Sorry this is so long I’m on mobile and don’t know how to hide it ^^;

Anyone who isn’t familiar with TOPIK, here is the descriptions of each level. I copied this from a TOPIK related website. If you read below you can get a grasp of what I mean when I say she is probably no higher than level 2. It would probably take around TOPIK level 4-5 (High Intermediate-Beginning Advanced)  to read and comprehend a book or novel in Korean due to the advanced sentence structures and grammar used. It’s not common to be able to get higher than a basic knowledge of grammar and vocabulary with only self study. You get stuck at something called the “language plateau”. I feel like unless you’re someone with a very strong determination/talent for learning language, it would be very difficult for most people to get past that stage of learning a language alone. Also let me emphasize the fact that it’s very very, near impossible hard to grasp the advanced concepts of a language without having any real life exposure/experience. Plus there is a significant jump in difficulty from TOPIK 2 to TOPIK 3, and teachers even warn students about it. This is is because TOPIK 3 gets into things like immigration, banking, hospital/medical, statistics/graphs, public spaces (DMV, police station, social services), etc. It is a serious jump from TOPIK 2. 

Moral of the story: She lyin

[Beginner level]

(TOPIK level 1) Use of basic commands of Korean for survival, such as greeting, purchasing, ordering, etc. Expressing and understanding oneself in simple everyday conversation by making simple sentences from 800 basic words.

(TOPIK level 2) Discussion of familiar topics employing a vocabulary of about 1,500∼2,000 words. Distinguishing correctly between formal and informal situations.

[Intermediate level]

(TOPIK level 3) Carrying out transactions with people in public spaces and maintaining social relationships. Understanding the correct usage of words and speech.  Command of fundamental characteristics of Korean.

(TOPIK level 4) Comprehension of news articles, general social issues and abstract topics with accuracy and fluency. Comprehension of Korean social and cultural contents relying on essential idioms and understanding of representative aspects of Korean culture.

[Advanced Level]

(TOPIK level 5) High fluency in using the Korean language in professional research or work. Understanding and discussing less unfamiliar topics in politics, economics and other fields. Usage of appropriate expressions, distinguishing formal and informal, written and spoken, by context.

(TOPIK level 6) Absolutely fluent in the Korean language for professional research or work, Capacity to understand and express oneself without problem, although without the full fluency of a native speaker.

Edited by filthy
words

Posted

I'm certain that at one point she had a story or highlight up that said she doesn't speak any other language than English but she has been learning Japanese for some time.

So her posting about Korean books out of the blue is so bizzare, sis ain't even Korean and claimed to be a half Japanese girl called Sakura who conveniently becomes 1/4 Korean when she wants.

Posted

I'm certain that at one point she had a story or highlight up that said she doesn't speak any other language than English but she has been learning Japanese for some time.

So her posting about Korean books out of the blue is so bizzare, sis ain't even Korean and claimed to be a half Japanese girl called Sakura who conveniently becomes 1/4 Korean when she wants.

I also recall a separate time when she claimed in one of her story Q&A’s that she was TOPIK level 3 💀Can’t even keep up with her own lies... Whew chile

Posted

lmao with this luna-ish whatever tf her username is gonna be next, just please stop.

IMG_7483.thumb.GIF.8fd6a273ccc43e7e14673

IMG_7481.thumb.GIF.9d03c5d906f2d5b6be695

Posted

Right on cue. 

She posts a long sob story (I won’t comment on the validity of any of the things she said, but she clearly has a lying problem, so I’m taking things with a grain of salt.)

But towards the end you can see that she talks about “taking lessons for languages” including Korean....right after we post about her Korean level. Lol. Suddenly she tries to back-pedal and say that she has to “look up words she doesn’t know while reading and writing”....

I hate to break it to you, but you can’t just “look up words you don’t know” and suddenly be able to read and comprehend a book/novel. Like...you literally would need to have a grasp of the advanced grammar patterns already, or you would basically be guessing what’s going on just based off of words you looked up. Also you would need the knowledge of the surrounding sentences to be able to know the context and therefore even get the vocabulary right. There are so many words in Korean that mean different things, so you have to rely on context to decipher what’s being said. I could go on and on. 

This girl gives me a headache.

4F48A424-09D3-4019-B4CF-5217E52B35EF.jpeg

E1D86B9C-1435-4B43-AF9F-4EA8289FD986.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I wonder if pretending to be other ethnicities is a way for Niamh to escape from the realities of life? 

Also, had no idea she had a child before, I think it's also plausible that Niamh is trying to cope by pretending to be the ethnicity her baby was (or the father maybe)? I'm not sure what point in time the baby was still with her, but what if that 23andme test is her baby's results and not her's, but as the mother she gets to keep the account? Then it might be assumable that the biological father might have actually been 3/4 Japanese 1/4 White American and that's why the 23andme results said 36.5% East Asian. In order to inherit 36.5%, one biological parent must be around 72% which is within the range for quarter mixed people. Because honestly, it made no sense how she switched back and forth between claiming to be a half or quarter when the percentages for were within the inaccurate percentiles (40.8-36.5%) for both claims.... So the results must not be hers.

Then I'm assuming Sakura or Mizuki or whatever Japanese name she used for herself was supposed to be the baby's name? 

Anyway, this is all just a theory. But I wonder... 🤔

Off note, she reminds me of Jasmine Sean a bit.

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

I wonder if pretending to be other ethnicities is a way for Niamh to escape from the realities of life? 

Also, had no idea she had a child before, I think it's also plausible that Niamh is trying to cope by pretending to be the ethnicity her baby was (or the father maybe)? I'm not sure what point in time the baby was still with her, but what if that 23andme test is her baby's results and not her's, but as the mother she gets to keep the account? Then it might be assumable that the biological father might have actually been 3/4 Japanese 1/4 White American and that's why the 23andme results said 36.5% East Asian. In order to inherit 36.5%, one biological parent must be around 72% which is within the range for quarter mixed people. Because honestly, it made no sense how she switched back and forth between claiming to be a half or quarter when the percentages for were within the inaccurate percentiles (40.8-36.5%) for both claims.... So the results must not be hers.

Then I'm assuming Sakura or Mizuki or whatever Japanese name she used for herself was supposed to be the baby's name? 

I know its just a theory but I read it as the baby didnt make it/she miscarried or had a stillborn. I don't follow the thread closely so maybe I'm wrong. But I the 23 and me dna test is either the bf's or someone else's

Posted

she had a date for the baby in her bio due for 3.29 around a week or two ago