• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

4106 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

This isn't even the first time something like this came up.

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

i think its because they're too ugly to cosplay as "pretty" "korean" girls. literally i haven't seen anyone cosplay any girl group idols ???

meanwhile: https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/bts-cosplayers-lookalikes/ 

6532e95ddfdaecde7edd391f2557933c.thumb.jkfbwwkyklhwsrbqkoksakjapskyfxgbhhyyapzzid74zh2j-f87b02f2-ec58-4e24-bd02-3f7eb5be37850_bts-v-cosplay-02.thumb.jpg.a241349C-TmyWnXsAAD7IF.thumb.jpg.e8fda21559ddf0

plus it's not even that much of an effort to pretend to be a male korean person...literally just have short hair....tape ur eyes into a squint & use liners to make it more dramatic...wear hoodies...and lastly, wear a mask and bam! you're like oppa!!11!!

also imo I think they're just self-inserts, there could be so much more other reasons, some do it for clout & attention (if they look like their fave bias!1!!1! they honestly could get fangirls to sleep with them, get a following audience ex: https://twitter.com/kkkppp100 ), some are fetishizing the idols relationships or it gets them again a following of weird fujoshis that are like oMo!!!11! vkook oppas kissing in real life!11!1 ex: https://twitter.com/kkkppp100/status/993436975913824257), some are just straight-up koreaboos who probably have some kind of deep insecurity and hatred towards their own identity :/ 

Posted (edited)

I hope this isn't OT but just more on him, his weird misaligned stories, answering @Caeleigh, and things you guys have mentioned in this thread (such as friends) that point towards race fakers that made me come and ask because even though I KNEW he was white i thought i was just crazy because he was very abusive so for a long time i thought it was out of anger but now that it's confirmed...lol

-

He said he was receiving his T shots when he turned 18 so being trans? Yeah sure. There are plenty of feminine looking trans men who cant achieve their desired look because they're underaged. He took on his japanese half often but he had a korean name (can't remember it now). When he transitioned from female to male he changed his name even though his "birth" name is unisex I believe (natsume; I'm mexican so I wouldn't know) but maybe that comes with the dysphoria? He was more into japanese visual kei groups. He was really depressed and suicidal, though, so maybe for him pretending to be from JP and Asian came with it. Not an excuse but that's how I rationalized it in my head lol. He never had any Asian friends, just white friends, which I would assume he'd have since usually when you leave one country and go to another you'd try to stay in your "community".  Basic immigration trends, especially if your scared mother took you to a foreign country when you were just a preteen. Honestly nothing ever added up for me with him and very quickly I realized he was race faking but I'm not sure how he fooled everyone else

Thanks for the input. 

Apart from them saying they are trans and taking T, did he ever prove any of this or have you seen proof of it? Or did you unconditionally believe them because you were in a love daze?

I also find it disturbing that you were 13 years old and they were 18... No young adult should ever be seeking a relationship with someone who just became a teen. It's borderline pedophilic, if not, actually pedophilic. I hope you weren't sexually involved.

Also Natsume is a very feminine name.

And was their Korea name something like Kim Hyungwoo or something? (Judging from his username handle hyeng_w00 and most Kboos go with Kim)

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

It's more likely that person was a fan of the anime/manga Natsume Yuujinchou lol

Posted (edited)

It's more likely that person was a fan of the anime/manga Natsume Yuujinchou lol

Reminds me of that Mexican makeup artist Rin (Aranza/gothfruits) who named themselves after Rin Matsuoka.

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the input. 

Apart from them saying they are trans and taking T, did he ever prove any of this or have you seen proof of it? Or did you unconditionally believe them because you were in a love daze?

I also find it disturbing that you were 13 years old and they were 18... No young adult should ever be seeking a relationship with someone who just became a teen. It's borderline pedophilic, if not, actually pedophilic. I hope you weren't sexually involved.

And was their Korea name something like Kim Hyungwoo or something? (Judging from his username handle hyeng_w00 and most Kboos go with Kim)

he was 16 when we got together haha but he did officially break it off when he reached 18 because he didn't like how increasingly comfortable I got the older I became. He thought it was weird since he was 18. And I just believed him because I was at the point of time where tumblr took precedent and I didnt want to be called transphobic. And no. I think it was Song something? Its been 3 years, sorry:alpacadone:. I know their handles are usually exo chanyeol or kyungsoo related but that's about it. Otherwise he isn't on SNS or anything; he's just an ex who was well liked by people on a small website that were quick to jump to his defense often. 

Edited by Studi0
Grammar

Posted

Found this random girl pretending to be Korean through a comment she left on Lana's (the Russian Kpop soloist) pic.

She says her name is Han Yun A, but her "Russian name" is Julia.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.eb5d4420ae2a94f83

Her IG description says:
"How are you?))))
I am Han Yun A))))
Russian name: Julia))
Fortunately new acquaintance))
(what it literally says, probably her own mistake)
Learning Russian and Russian tradition!))
Our mom and dad are Russian because their appearance is Russian language.
 (she used 어, her mistake again) However, we are Koreans))))"

Pics:

Hidden Content

She also follows accounts like BTS, Jimin, V, EXO, Yang Hyunsul, Blackpink, Lana, AB6IX, ATEEZ, SM Town, Itzy, WayV, etc. (too much to count)

Sometimes she writes her captions in Korean, but they are very beginner level.

Maybe she meant that her nationality is Korean while her ethnicity is Russian. But I don't really believe her since her bad Korean wouldn't fit that image.

Posted

Maybe she meant that her nationality is Korean while her ethnicity is Russian. But I don't really believe her since her bad Korean wouldn't fit that image.

She lives in Russia. Her pics from school and stories showed that. 

Posted

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

Honestly i couldn't tell you why they do this. But i can kind of see what maybe the intention could be. Let me just point how just how many followers these Korean guys get ...... That could be a big reason why cause fuck it works 

Posted

Can someone who actual knows the Korean language verify this one for me because I'm a bit conflicted?

I found this random girl on Instagram though the #selka tag called Yoo Eunseo.

Screenshot_41.thumb.png.2504ca7bbe628035

She looked cute, but the thing that popped out to me is that on her profile bio, she calls herself 'mixed race' (혼혈이에영) despite looking very white. Additionally, she frequently tags her selfies with the #혼혈 (mixed race) tag which looks really off. Pics:

Screenshot_23.thumb.png.5117a6cfa0b9f2f3

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.f2fc4ea82a4d7ebd

Screenshot_25.thumb.png.785d15e3a000d889

Screenshot_26.thumb.png.9a8d7a1d664eef6e

Screenshot_27.thumb.png.933d145eea2235b5

Screenshot_28.thumb.png.39587962496370de

Screenshot_30.thumb.png.576c9fc2c939fc7c

Screenshot_31.thumb.png.4660fb2b20d5afc4

Screenshot_32.thumb.png.34d1a64d03b15053

She also seems to know and reply in Russian and looks bilingual in Korean and Russia. One of her stories is tagged with Vladivostok.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.bfa0d5f9bfd34d388

However, she does actually seem to be living in Korea. She has tagged some pictures with locations like Seoul and Incheon and from the backgrounds of pictures there is Korean text and stuff. She also has pics of her in the school uniform and stuff.

Screenshot_33.thumb.png.c7290d6c5dad649e

Screenshot_35.thumb.png.94af1433e0eb0c1b

Screenshot_36.thumb.png.45fde7bbe0fd6270

^ Has a boyfriend too.

Screenshot_37.thumb.png.a51b2d498ca80ab2

Screenshot_38.thumb.png.1a4ce7b5a7f765c0

Screenshot_39.thumb.png.4687737a7bbae08a

Screenshot_40.thumb.png.c7434c48cf7a2683

^ school uniform

So what do you guys think? She looks like an ordinary white teen girl living in Korea who's not half Korean or mixed in anyway, yet she calls herself 혼혈 (mixed race) and has a Korean name (not normal unless she's a citizen or something).

Posted (edited)

Can someone who actual knows the Korean language verify this one for me because I'm a bit conflicted?

She looked cute, but the thing that popped out to me is that on her profile bio, she calls herself 'mixed race' (혼혈이에영) despite looking very white. Additionally, she frequently tags her selfies with the #혼혈 (mixed race) tag which looks really off. Pics:

Hidden Content

She also seems to know and reply in Russian and looks bilingual in Korean and Russia. One of her stories is tagged with Vladivostok.

Hidden Content

However, she does actually seem to be living in Korea. She has tagged some pictures with locations like Seoul and Incheon and from the backgrounds of pictures there is Korean text and stuff. She also has pics of her in the school uniform and stuff.

Hidden Content

So what do you guys think? She looks like an ordinary white teen girl living in Korea who's not half Korean or mixed in anyway, yet she calls herself 혼혈 (mixed race) and has a Korean name (not normal unless she's a citizen or something).

honestly she looks 100% white (to me), however genetics are weird, there are a lot of mixed people that don’t really look mixed. 

There is also a lot of people that think “mixed” means being born in another country. I saw a video on youtube about mixed idols, and some people where asking why is SVT Joshua not in there, when he is also american. They legit think that being korean-american is the same as being mixed.

(some pics of mixed koreans. Even if some of them look more “white” you can still see some asian in them)

(the last pic is from the insta of yoo_eunseo, just for comparison) 

458C5DC9-6C5C-4B3A-8338-19A137E1114F.png

09802C90-2FE9-4377-A77F-B9EACBCB9FF7.png

AF4DECB8-47E2-4599-B167-0D8A364251F4.png

33D4329E-ACD0-4515-A2C9-389F35FCCF6E.jpeg

Edited by isa18

Posted

honestly, if you're mixed.......you probably would never always mention you're "mixed". she really dont have asian features too...unless shes 90% white-passing...hm i think shes not half korean.

Posted

I think it comes from insecurity and their fetishising of Korean/japanese. As a teen I wish I was short,had straight hair and was dainty like a Japanese girl. Now I'm just thankful to be myself. 

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think it would be super rare for mixed kids to have her eye colour. If you send more Korean captions it could probably help with figuring out whether she's faking or not.  There's also a chance that she's Russian but born/raised in Korea! There's quite a large Russiatown (like Chinatown but Russian lol) in Dongdaemun.  The last time I went with a friend we saw quite a few Russian kids in Korean high school uniforms going home for the day, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

her korean is good, she attends korean school as opposed to an international school based on her ig photos so I'm just assuming she's more white passing. Also 혼혈 can also refer to someone who's 1/4 Korean and 3/4 white or vice versa. There's a lot of people that mention being hapa in their bio just go through #hapa or #eurasian and you'll come across hundreds of accounts from legit hapas that mention their ethnicities in their bio. Honestly I don't think we should randomly post about small accounts we come across unless they seem milky i.e jasmine and her million different ethnicities of being Irish Chinese Korean. There's a lot of mixed asians that are pretty white passing and mixed asians that are more Asian passing. 

Posted

i think it’s obsession with the genre turned fetishization of korean and gay men. it’s so polarizing....