• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3659 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

This isn't even the first time something like this came up.

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

Honestly i couldn't tell you why they do this. But i can kind of see what maybe the intention could be. Let me just point how just how many followers these Korean guys get ...... That could be a big reason why cause fuck it works 

Posted

Can someone who actual knows the Korean language verify this one for me because I'm a bit conflicted?

I found this random girl on Instagram though the #selka tag called Yoo Eunseo.

Screenshot_41.thumb.png.2504ca7bbe628035

She looked cute, but the thing that popped out to me is that on her profile bio, she calls herself 'mixed race' (혼혈이에영) despite looking very white. Additionally, she frequently tags her selfies with the #혼혈 (mixed race) tag which looks really off. Pics:

Screenshot_23.thumb.png.5117a6cfa0b9f2f3

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.f2fc4ea82a4d7ebd

Screenshot_25.thumb.png.785d15e3a000d889

Screenshot_26.thumb.png.9a8d7a1d664eef6e

Screenshot_27.thumb.png.933d145eea2235b5

Screenshot_28.thumb.png.39587962496370de

Screenshot_30.thumb.png.576c9fc2c939fc7c

Screenshot_31.thumb.png.4660fb2b20d5afc4

Screenshot_32.thumb.png.34d1a64d03b15053

She also seems to know and reply in Russian and looks bilingual in Korean and Russia. One of her stories is tagged with Vladivostok.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.bfa0d5f9bfd34d388

However, she does actually seem to be living in Korea. She has tagged some pictures with locations like Seoul and Incheon and from the backgrounds of pictures there is Korean text and stuff. She also has pics of her in the school uniform and stuff.

Screenshot_33.thumb.png.c7290d6c5dad649e

Screenshot_35.thumb.png.94af1433e0eb0c1b

Screenshot_36.thumb.png.45fde7bbe0fd6270

^ Has a boyfriend too.

Screenshot_37.thumb.png.a51b2d498ca80ab2

Screenshot_38.thumb.png.1a4ce7b5a7f765c0

Screenshot_39.thumb.png.4687737a7bbae08a

Screenshot_40.thumb.png.c7434c48cf7a2683

^ school uniform

So what do you guys think? She looks like an ordinary white teen girl living in Korea who's not half Korean or mixed in anyway, yet she calls herself 혼혈 (mixed race) and has a Korean name (not normal unless she's a citizen or something).

Posted (edited)

Can someone who actual knows the Korean language verify this one for me because I'm a bit conflicted?

She looked cute, but the thing that popped out to me is that on her profile bio, she calls herself 'mixed race' (혼혈이에영) despite looking very white. Additionally, she frequently tags her selfies with the #혼혈 (mixed race) tag which looks really off. Pics:

Hidden Content

She also seems to know and reply in Russian and looks bilingual in Korean and Russia. One of her stories is tagged with Vladivostok.

Hidden Content

However, she does actually seem to be living in Korea. She has tagged some pictures with locations like Seoul and Incheon and from the backgrounds of pictures there is Korean text and stuff. She also has pics of her in the school uniform and stuff.

Hidden Content

So what do you guys think? She looks like an ordinary white teen girl living in Korea who's not half Korean or mixed in anyway, yet she calls herself 혼혈 (mixed race) and has a Korean name (not normal unless she's a citizen or something).

honestly she looks 100% white (to me), however genetics are weird, there are a lot of mixed people that don’t really look mixed. 

There is also a lot of people that think “mixed” means being born in another country. I saw a video on youtube about mixed idols, and some people where asking why is SVT Joshua not in there, when he is also american. They legit think that being korean-american is the same as being mixed.

(some pics of mixed koreans. Even if some of them look more “white” you can still see some asian in them)

(the last pic is from the insta of yoo_eunseo, just for comparison) 

458C5DC9-6C5C-4B3A-8338-19A137E1114F.png

09802C90-2FE9-4377-A77F-B9EACBCB9FF7.png

AF4DECB8-47E2-4599-B167-0D8A364251F4.png

33D4329E-ACD0-4515-A2C9-389F35FCCF6E.jpeg

Edited by isa18

Posted

honestly, if you're mixed.......you probably would never always mention you're "mixed". she really dont have asian features too...unless shes 90% white-passing...hm i think shes not half korean.

Posted

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

I think it comes from insecurity and their fetishising of Korean/japanese. As a teen I wish I was short,had straight hair and was dainty like a Japanese girl. Now I'm just thankful to be myself. 

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think it would be super rare for mixed kids to have her eye colour. If you send more Korean captions it could probably help with figuring out whether she's faking or not.  There's also a chance that she's Russian but born/raised in Korea! There's quite a large Russiatown (like Chinatown but Russian lol) in Dongdaemun.  The last time I went with a friend we saw quite a few Russian kids in Korean high school uniforms going home for the day, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

her korean is good, she attends korean school as opposed to an international school based on her ig photos so I'm just assuming she's more white passing. Also 혼혈 can also refer to someone who's 1/4 Korean and 3/4 white or vice versa. There's a lot of people that mention being hapa in their bio just go through #hapa or #eurasian and you'll come across hundreds of accounts from legit hapas that mention their ethnicities in their bio. Honestly I don't think we should randomly post about small accounts we come across unless they seem milky i.e jasmine and her million different ethnicities of being Irish Chinese Korean. There's a lot of mixed asians that are pretty white passing and mixed asians that are more Asian passing. 

Posted

i think it’s obsession with the genre turned fetishization of korean and gay men. it’s so polarizing....

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I didn't see it at all until i got to the uniform pics because she didn't blow her eyes up as much there. Something about her profile/face shape...

noway she's half but a quarter or so? I could see that potentially. There's a stronger possibility that she would have light-colored eyes in that situation, particularly if both parents are at least half white.

Posted (edited)

I did some digging: Eunseo's mother is Russian, her dad is Korean. I THINK she has a baby brother who looks much more Korean but I'll refrain myself from posting the picture because this kid isn't problematic and I'm not even sure whether he's her brother. She is just another middle schooler in Korean. She gets questions about her hair/eye color and ethnicity quite a bit on her IG, so it's not that surprising that she put it in her bio imo. I think she just tried to prevent more comments about her ethnicity. 

One very convincing factor for me is that she doesn't use any mixed people related tags.If she really wanted to brag about her being mixed she could easily use the bait tags.

Edited by saltycookie

Posted (edited)

i followed this girl when she went viral on tik tok for her chola aesthetic but then she started captioning her pics in korean and claiming she was half korean/mexican. she also started pulling her eyelids up in pics, experimenting with k-makeup, and going by her korean name instead of her mexican one. can someone who speaks korean validate her korean skills. she is from california i believe but sometimes she location said daegu in one pic... i’m kinda just trippin because i thought she was asian was who mexi-fished me. 

DA570E12-8609-4463-8193-FC5BCBB5B07A.jpeg

04521242-4B73-4FE7-9918-3647D24B4A6F.jpeg

5084D81B-7ADA-4EBC-B510-31E7F9741D9C.jpeg

961FE425-B2EA-4D32-91E7-BC46445890AF.jpeg

8A174DF7-DD60-41A9-B23B-9FF1B1F22A96.jpeg

0D9C0113-21AF-4963-B52C-15BBE9CD7323.jpeg

Edited by t0mie

Posted

^ Is she like the long-lost cousin of that teen who has a thread here (and whose name I can't remember) and used to pretend to be part-Asian like last year? Sora angel something?

I'm sorry if I offend any Mexican or Mex-Am member of PULL but what are your people doing?!

Posted

i followed this girl when she went viral on tik tok for her chola aesthetic but then she started captioning her pics in korean and claiming she was half korean/mexican. she also started pulling her eyelids up in pics, experimenting with k-makeup, and going by her korean name instead of her mexican one. can someone who speaks korean validate her korean skills. she is from california i believe but sometimes she location said daegu in one pic... i’m kinda just trippin because i thought she was asian was who mexi-fished me. 

DA570E12-8609-4463-8193-FC5BCBB5B07A.jpeg

04521242-4B73-4FE7-9918-3647D24B4A6F.jpeg

5084D81B-7ADA-4EBC-B510-31E7F9741D9C.jpeg

961FE425-B2EA-4D32-91E7-BC46445890AF.jpeg

8A174DF7-DD60-41A9-B23B-9FF1B1F22A96.jpeg

0D9C0113-21AF-4963-B52C-15BBE9CD7323.jpeg

To be honest I wouldn't trust what she looks like from any of these pictures, they all look extremely edited without even having to pull on her eyelids

Posted

Sorry I'm rude but in Mexico there is a lot of people that is mixed race, I'm from a zone where there are many people with Korean ancestors and there is even a Korean association for them

Maybe she isn't half Korean but There are many who are, even if they don't seem so

Posted

Yet another "half-X, half-Y, 100% facetune".