• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

4106 posts in this topic

Posted

when you can't make up your mind on what part of asia you want to be, dang from east asian to western asian? really? she changes like her username real quick.

If you're talking about the Sakura/Iris girl, she actually posted new screenshots of her 23andMe results again, following the company's updates back in September or something (which means everyone's percentages will shift a bit with more information). I'm assuming she reads this thread because she didn't hide her name this time.

OLD:

B842B8FB-AB8E-4F66-A019-E91255E5E2EC.thu

NEW:

69478559_139939083925878_505227118951561

She deleted/archived the new both of these posts. Thoughts on her recent results?

Hidden Content

Posted

Oh, my bad! I didn't realize it was the same person. :alpacaworry2: Either way, his obsession with mentioning his ever-changing ethnicity is a dead giveaway imo, no actual hapa is so obsessed with their own race that they plaster it all over social media and mention their eyeshape at every given opportunity. Can someone tell these kids it's okay to watch anime and listen to kpop without pretending to be East Asian? Jeez.

Honestly it's genuinly just annoying, I'll explain how to find out a fake half asian easily 

- Has no set Asian and white race

-mentions it all the time

- complains about koreaboos 

It's just so annoying for actual half Asians like me to have to have people faking it, someone called me mexican like please just stop trying to lable me by my race I have a personality and I'm a nice person :/ 

Also I've noticed a lot of them are into kpop, but REALLY into it, like hardcore stans like i listen to blackpink and twice sometimes and bts but I'm more into rap ig, and it's quite a obvious sign if they are heavily into kpop because a lot of half asians are actually not, nearly all half asians in my family (cousins brother aunts) they will rarley mention it (I'm half korean, it's not cool I have some family stuck in north korea which most likley aren't going to live it's not cute to live in korea either, I grew up having to stay inside some days because the smog was so bad, I got bullied into a depression because of my korean accent, they make it out to love both their races but clearly prefer "the asian" side, where as most wasians( eurasians? my aunt says eurasians but I hear the term wasian a  lot) actually tend to want to be white for a small bit because bullying aint nice and we avoid race questions until we accept our reality, it's not nice and fun

also he said he's korean/german/chinese then I saw he said finish/ chinese so um....................

Posted

who????? I went back 10+ pages trying to find who you were talking about and couldn't find a mention....if it was someone talked about earlier can you post a pic to refresh our memories? A lot of people get posted here or on the kboo thread so it's hard to keep track unless they're someone mentioned frequently. Even aobaba or whatever who was recently posted about again lost me cuz I had totally forgotten about him. Sadly there are a good amount of people racefaking so it can be hard to keep track, and a lot of them change their @ when they see they're getting talked about on PULL, or if you could quote the person who mentioned them originally with pictures? 

Also for anyone interested, here's what aobaba/whatev wrote about the timeline:

Screen_Shot_2019-10-28_at_9.50.03_PM.thu

to me it is what it is, it's good he's admitting to it now, the downvoting is a bit sus but it's whatever, but in general as long as it stops and he doesn't go back to race faking I'm over it.

Anyone have any updates on the last girl who pretended like her Korean dad left her mom and she never learned Korean but reconnected with him on a DNA site? 

Or the girl who HARDCORE edited her eyes despite having old pics with friends where she clearly did not have monolids? The makeup artist....I forget her name.

This is the guy. Just looking at me makes me feel sick because of what he put me through. Made me think i ws crazy SMH

cunt.jpg

Posted

@kicksthis hyeng_w00 was mentioned on page 211onwards but the convo dried up and i can't find his ig acct anymore

Actually i know his new instagram. You can see on 'his' story highlights that they are female and in fact have a boyfriend or whatevr wo (OFC) Is Asian cause gotta keep the fetish going. Their Insta is @Bae_hwj

Posted

Not sure if I can post this photo here because they're not a public figure but well over 18 and this isn't a thread for them. I can't spoil though I'm on mobile :alpacadone:. Was wondering if these are enough to confirm whether or not they're race faking?🤔 we used to date and they claimed to be japanese and korean but they always seemed too...white? Sorry for bad wording. Will delete this in case it isn't okay:)

Edit: forgot to mention that the dad was out of the photo, committed suicide and apparently would do some triggering things to them but he would show me photos of a very Korean lady. He also never ever talked to me and said he was embarrassed about his accent because he was born and raised in JP until his family moved, which I guess is fair, but we were together for two years and not once did I ever hear their voice so it made me wonder if they were just trying to hide his lack of an accent.

20191028_200315.jpg

20191028_200326.jpg

100% Faking. You can tell even by only face shape

Posted (edited)

i’m not sure where to post this.... but idk if this guy is japanese pretending to be white or white pretending to be japanese but he’s literally terrifying. saw him on my explore page and i literally shit my pants. he even facetunes his friends. his name is matt.

5EAA0A18-64F3-481A-BD5C-AFF5B54F03DE.png

B066F94C-BA56-4659-9B37-14641D43CD3F.png

773FCB5C-3DE5-40CE-8C1C-7D731A89716E.png

Nightmare fuel, thanks for making me unable to sleep tonight, Matt. :stoplz:

How do you even make yourself look so bad that people would flinch on the first sight, while you think you look great? Wat.

Matt or previously known as Masashi Kuwata the son of the baseball player Masumi Kuwata from Japan.

Matt works as a Model and claims that his transformation is because of make up mastery and not because of plastic surgery

oo.thumb.JPG.ca0f384f27e3ecb386f3a1a12d6 

Asians can racefake too

More about Matt here in the Gangnam Unnie thread

I s2g he looks way better and cuter before the change... at least his eyes doesn't look like they're going to fall off the socket every second.

Edited by Jeanne d'Arc

Posted

Not sure if I can post this photo here because they're not a public figure but well over 18 and this isn't a thread for them. I can't spoil though I'm on mobile :alpacadone:. Was wondering if these are enough to confirm whether or not they're race faking?🤔 we used to date and they claimed to be japanese and korean but they always seemed too...white? Sorry for bad wording. Will delete this in case it isn't okay:)

Edit: forgot to mention that the dad was out of the photo, committed suicide and apparently would do some triggering things to them but he would show me photos of a very Korean lady. He also never ever talked to me and said he was embarrassed about his accent because he was born and raised in JP until his family moved, which I guess is fair, but we were together for two years and not once did I ever hear their voice so it made me wonder if they were just trying to hide his lack of an accent.

20191028_200315.jpg

20191028_200326.jpg

bit OTN but .. not to soundi insensitive but how can you be together with a person for 2 years and never hear their voice/meet them?

Posted

bit OTN but .. not to soundi insensitive but how can you be together with a person for 2 years and never hear their voice/meet them?

it happens. Not the voice thing but it happens lol

Posted (edited)

"...and then I called MTV's Catfish...."

side note, god I'd love to see some of these assholes revealed on Catfish!

Edited by Bubbletea

Posted

20191028_200315.jpg

20191028_200326.jpg

Obviously some mixed people can look pretty white passing, but if he claimed to be 50/50 korean and japanese he was definitely faking. He straight up looks fully white (facial structure, eyes, nose, skin... etc) and there's not a single thing I can point to that looks even a little bit Asian.

Hope I'm not rude, but was he trans? That could be another reason he didn't want you to hear his "female" voice, but since you dated for 2 years and he didn't bother to even once tell you he was dysphoric about his "female" voice (and instead blamed it on a japanese accent), I'm more inclined to believe they were also just pretending to be male, because that's 100% a biological female face. I'm sure he didn't have a Japanese acccent either way. (If he did I don't think he'd be that embarrassed about it since he's a massive fan of japanese bands who sing in those languages.)

And the fact that he was obsessed with japanese/korean bands - his entire wall is covered in posters of - specifically - asian men speaks volumes too. (No one who is a casual fan does that) He even checks out the "dad is gone" trope. If the "very korean lady" was supposed to be his mom his dad would have had to be 100% Whitey McWhite for him to look so white.

So in conclusion I think this person fantasized about being an asian man like the ones in their posters, to the degree that they made up an entire persona and lied to everyone online saying that's who they really are.

Posted (edited)

Obviously some mixed people can look pretty white passing, but if he claimed to be 50/50 korean and japanese he was definitely faking. He straight up looks fully white (facial structure, eyes, nose, skin... etc) and there's not a single thing I can point to that looks even a little bit Asian.

Hope I'm not rude, but was he trans? That could be another reason he didn't want you to hear his "female" voice, but since you dated for 2 years and he didn't bother to even once tell you he was dysphoric about his "female" voice (and instead blamed it on a japanese accent), I'm more inclined to believe they were also just pretending to be male, because that's 100% a biological female face. I'm sure he didn't have a Japanese acccent either way. (If he did I don't think he'd be that embarrassed about it since he's a massive fan of japanese bands who sing in those languages.)

And the fact that he was obsessed with japanese/korean bands - his entire wall is covered in posters of - specifically - asian men speaks volumes too. (No one who is a casual fan does that) He even checks out the "dad is gone" trope. If the "very korean lady" was supposed to be his mom his dad would have had to be 100% Whitey McWhite for him to look so white.

So in conclusion I think this person fantasized about being an asian man like the ones in their posters, to the degree that they made up an entire persona and lied to everyone online saying that's who they really are.

I forgot to mention I was like 13 when this entire thing went on but it was super early in the AM haha but I'm not as dumb now as I was then LOL. For any amount of credit, 13 year old me knew but she ignored the red flags because LDR's are hard to maintain. He is trans which is why I assumed he didn't but like I reminded myself, it was the supposed accent. You guys I seriously ignored everything purely out of love (puppy love? But after 2 years I'm sure the honeymoon phase is gone so love lol). But thanks! I brought it up because I was going through old FB photos and came across those screenshots. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy

edit: there's actually so many stories I could tell you guys that seriously made me realize he was lying but my favorite one is how he would claim different Vkei band members were him and he would share videos to ALL his online friends + his little fanbase that him and his "real life" friends claimed were them (those friends might have been fake too) and when i asked about it he said he was just "roleplaying". I ignored a lot to be happy yall someone please prime deliver a clown costume for me LMAO at least I wasnt dumb enough to believe him even then.

Edited by Studi0

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

This isn't even the first time something like this came up.

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

Edited by Caeleigh
spelling fix

Posted (edited)

I hope this isn't OT but just more on him, his weird misaligned stories, answering @Caeleigh, and things you guys have mentioned in this thread (such as friends) that point towards race fakers that made me come and ask because even though I KNEW he was white i thought i was just crazy because he was very abusive so for a long time i thought it was out of anger but now that it's confirmed...lol

-

He said he was receiving his T shots when he turned 18 so being trans? Yeah sure. There are plenty of feminine looking trans men who cant achieve their desired look because they're underaged. He took on his japanese half often but he had a korean name (can't remember it now). When he transitioned from female to male he changed his name even though his "birth" name is unisex I believe (natsume; I'm mexican so I wouldn't know) but maybe that comes with the dysphoria? He was more into japanese visual kei groups. He was really depressed and suicidal, though, so maybe for him pretending to be from JP and Asian came with it. Not an excuse but that's how I rationalized it in my head lol. He never had any Asian friends, just white friends, which I would assume he'd have since usually when you leave one country and go to another you'd try to stay in your "community".  Basic immigration trends, especially if your scared mother took you to a foreign country when you were just a preteen. Honestly nothing ever added up for me with him and very quickly I realized he was race faking but I'm not sure how he fooled everyone else

Edited by Studi0

Posted

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

This isn't even the first time something like this came up.

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

I noticed a lot of them dont live in east asia and/or have never visited korea/japan. It's probably to do with the fact that they know that they can never be "close" with their idols physically so they do whatever it takes to be "like" them, that way they feel some phony connection/relationship they have with them in their head, I know hes not trans but look that that oli london guy for example :S. Honestly its purely romanticizing and deluding themselves with this fantasy of being close and like "them" because they are too insecure/self doubt to be themselves which is kind of sad. Its like the whole "I am not cute enough for oppa so I need to look as 'kpop' as possible to feel 'approved'" crisis going on in their head.

Hope they can be able to love themselves.. kpop is not fan fiction and korean kpop idols are not in the cute bl yaoi shipping world they believe that they are in...