• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3654 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if I can post this photo here because they're not a public figure but well over 18 and this isn't a thread for them. I can't spoil though I'm on mobile¬†:alpacadone:. Was wondering if these are enough to confirm whether or not they're race faking?ūü§Ē we used to date and they claimed to be japanese and korean but they always seemed too...white? Sorry for bad wording. Will delete this in case it isn't okay:)

Edit: forgot to mention that the dad was out of the photo, committed suicide and apparently would do some triggering things to them but he would show me photos of a very Korean lady. He also never ever talked to me and said he was embarrassed about his accent because he was born and raised in JP until his family moved, which I guess is fair, but we were together for two years and not once did I ever hear their voice so it made me wonder if they were just trying to hide his lack of an accent.

20191028_200315.jpg

20191028_200326.jpg

bit OTN but .. not to soundi insensitive but how can you be together with a person for 2 years and never hear their voice/meet them?

Posted

bit OTN but .. not to soundi insensitive but how can you be together with a person for 2 years and never hear their voice/meet them?

it happens. Not the voice thing but it happens lol

Posted (edited)

"...and then I called MTV's Catfish...."

side note, god I'd love to see some of these assholes revealed on Catfish!

Edited by Bubbletea

Posted

Not sure if I can post this photo here because they're not a public figure but well over 18 and this isn't a thread for them. I can't spoil though I'm on mobile¬†:alpacadone:. Was wondering if these are enough to confirm whether or not they're race faking?ūü§Ē we used to date and they claimed to be japanese and korean but they always seemed too...white? Sorry for bad wording. Will delete this in case it isn't okay:)

Edit: forgot to mention that the dad was out of the photo, committed suicide and apparently would do some triggering things to them but he would show me photos of a very Korean lady. He also never ever talked to me and said he was embarrassed about his accent because he was born and raised in JP until his family moved, which I guess is fair, but we were together for two years and not once did I ever hear their voice so it made me wonder if they were just trying to hide his lack of an accent.

20191028_200315.jpg

20191028_200326.jpg

Obviously some mixed people can look pretty white passing, but if he claimed to be 50/50 korean and japanese he was definitely faking. He straight up looks fully white (facial structure, eyes, nose, skin... etc) and there's not a single thing I can point to that looks even a little bit Asian.

Hope I'm not rude, but was he trans? That could be another reason he didn't want you to hear his "female" voice, but since you dated for 2 years and he didn't bother to even once tell you he was dysphoric about his "female" voice (and instead blamed it on a japanese accent), I'm more inclined to believe they were also just pretending to be male, because that's 100% a biological female face. I'm sure he didn't have a Japanese acccent either way. (If he did I don't think he'd be that embarrassed about it since he's a massive fan of japanese bands who sing in those languages.)

And the fact that he was obsessed with japanese/korean bands - his entire wall is covered in posters of - specifically - asian men speaks volumes too. (No one who is a casual fan does that) He even checks out the "dad is gone" trope. If the "very korean lady" was supposed to be his mom his dad would have had to be 100% Whitey McWhite for him to look so white.

So in conclusion I think this person fantasized about being an asian man like the ones in their posters, to the degree that they made up an entire persona and lied to everyone online saying that's who they really are.

Posted (edited)

Obviously some mixed people can look pretty white passing, but if he claimed to be 50/50 korean and japanese he was definitely faking. He straight up looks fully white (facial structure, eyes, nose, skin... etc) and there's not a single thing I can point to that looks even a little bit Asian.

Hope I'm not rude, but was he trans? That could be another reason he didn't want you to hear his "female" voice, but since you dated for 2 years and he didn't bother to even once tell you he was dysphoric about his "female" voice (and instead blamed it on a japanese accent), I'm more inclined to believe they were also just pretending to be male, because that's 100% a biological female face. I'm sure he didn't have a Japanese acccent either way. (If he did I don't think he'd be that embarrassed about it since he's a massive fan of japanese bands who sing in those languages.)

And the fact that he was obsessed with japanese/korean bands - his entire wall is covered in posters of - specifically - asian men speaks volumes too. (No one who is a casual fan does that) He even checks out the "dad is gone" trope. If the "very korean lady" was supposed to be his mom his dad would have had to be 100% Whitey McWhite for him to look so white.

So in conclusion I think this person fantasized about being an asian man like the ones in their posters, to the degree that they made up an entire persona and lied to everyone online saying that's who they really are.

I forgot to mention I was like 13 when this entire thing went on but it was super early in the AM haha but I'm not as dumb now as I was then LOL. For any amount of credit, 13 year old me knew but she ignored the red flags because LDR's are hard to maintain. He is trans which is why I assumed he didn't but like I reminded myself, it was the supposed accent. You guys I seriously ignored everything purely out of love (puppy love? But after 2 years I'm sure the honeymoon phase is gone so love lol). But thanks! I brought it up because I was going through old FB photos and came across those screenshots. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy

edit: there's actually so many stories I could tell you guys that seriously made me realize he was lying but my favorite one is how he would claim different Vkei band members were him and he would share videos to ALL his online friends + his little fanbase that him and his "real life" friends claimed were them (those friends might have been fake too) and when i asked about it he said he was just "roleplaying". I ignored a lot to be happy yall someone please prime deliver a clown costume for me LMAO at least I wasnt dumb enough to believe him even then.

Edited by Studi0

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

This isn't even the first time something like this came up.

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

Edited by Caeleigh
spelling fix

Posted (edited)

I hope this isn't OT but just more on him, his weird misaligned stories, answering @Caeleigh, and things you guys have mentioned in this thread (such as friends) that point towards race fakers that made me come and ask because even though I KNEW he was white i thought i was just crazy because he was very abusive so for a long time i thought it was out of anger but now that it's confirmed...lol

-

He said he was receiving his T shots when he turned 18 so being trans? Yeah sure. There are plenty of feminine looking trans men who cant achieve their desired look because they're underaged. He took on his japanese half often but he had a korean name (can't remember it now). When he transitioned from female to male he changed his name even though his "birth" name is unisex I believe (natsume; I'm mexican so I wouldn't know) but maybe that comes with the dysphoria? He was more into japanese visual kei groups. He was really depressed and suicidal, though, so maybe for him pretending to be from JP and Asian came with it. Not an excuse but that's how I rationalized it in my head lol. He never had any Asian friends, just white friends, which I would assume he'd have since usually when you leave one country and go to another you'd try to stay in your "community".  Basic immigration trends, especially if your scared mother took you to a foreign country when you were just a preteen. Honestly nothing ever added up for me with him and very quickly I realized he was race faking but I'm not sure how he fooled everyone else

Edited by Studi0

Posted

Can someone explain the psychology behind why a lot of these race fakers who are obsessed with male Korean idols go through the effort of pretending to be a trans male as well when it can easily be proved that they are not truly trans?

Is it something to do with being so obsessed that they try become the idol themselves?  So they take their Korean names, take their gender, take their personalities and pretend they are the idol themselves?

I noticed a lot of them dont live in east asia and/or have never visited korea/japan. It's probably to do with the fact that they know that they can never be "close" with their idols physically so they do whatever it takes to be "like" them, that way they feel some phony connection/relationship they have with them in their head, I know hes not trans but look that that oli london guy for example :S. Honestly its purely romanticizing and deluding themselves with this fantasy of being close and like "them" because they are too insecure/self doubt to be themselves which is kind of sad. Its like the whole "I am not cute enough for oppa so I need to look as 'kpop' as possible to feel 'approved'" crisis going on in their head.

Hope they can be able to love themselves.. kpop is not fan fiction and korean kpop idols are not in the cute bl yaoi shipping world they believe that they are in...

Posted

i think its because they're too ugly to cosplay as "pretty" "korean" girls. literally i haven't seen anyone cosplay any girl group idols ???

meanwhile: https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/bts-cosplayers-lookalikes/ 

6532e95ddfdaecde7edd391f2557933c.thumb.jkfbwwkyklhwsrbqkoksakjapskyfxgbhhyyapzzid74zh2j-f87b02f2-ec58-4e24-bd02-3f7eb5be37850_bts-v-cosplay-02.thumb.jpg.a241349C-TmyWnXsAAD7IF.thumb.jpg.e8fda21559ddf0

plus it's not even that much of an effort to pretend to be a male korean person...literally just have short hair....tape ur eyes into a squint & use liners to make it more dramatic...wear hoodies...and lastly, wear a mask and bam! you're like oppa!!11!!

also imo I think they're just self-inserts, there could be so much more other reasons, some do it for clout & attention (if they look like their fave bias!1!!1! they honestly could get fangirls to sleep with them, get a following audience ex: https://twitter.com/kkkppp100 ), some are fetishizing the idols relationships or it gets them again a following of weird fujoshis that are like oMo!!!11! vkook oppas kissing in real life!11!1 ex: https://twitter.com/kkkppp100/status/993436975913824257), some are just straight-up koreaboos who probably have some kind of deep insecurity and hatred towards their own identity :/ 

Posted (edited)

I hope this isn't OT but just more on him, his weird misaligned stories, answering @Caeleigh, and things you guys have mentioned in this thread (such as friends) that point towards race fakers that made me come and ask because even though I KNEW he was white i thought i was just crazy because he was very abusive so for a long time i thought it was out of anger but now that it's confirmed...lol

-

He said he was receiving his T shots when he turned 18 so being trans? Yeah sure. There are plenty of feminine looking trans men who cant achieve their desired look because they're underaged. He took on his japanese half often but he had a korean name (can't remember it now). When he transitioned from female to male he changed his name even though his "birth" name is unisex I believe (natsume; I'm mexican so I wouldn't know) but maybe that comes with the dysphoria? He was more into japanese visual kei groups. He was really depressed and suicidal, though, so maybe for him pretending to be from JP and Asian came with it. Not an excuse but that's how I rationalized it in my head lol. He never had any Asian friends, just white friends, which I would assume he'd have since usually when you leave one country and go to another you'd try to stay in your "community".  Basic immigration trends, especially if your scared mother took you to a foreign country when you were just a preteen. Honestly nothing ever added up for me with him and very quickly I realized he was race faking but I'm not sure how he fooled everyone else

Thanks for the input. 

Apart from them saying they are trans and taking T, did he ever prove any of this or have you seen proof of it? Or did you unconditionally believe them because you were in a love daze?

I also find it disturbing that you were 13 years old and they were 18... No young adult should ever be seeking a relationship with someone who just became a teen. It's borderline pedophilic, if not, actually pedophilic. I hope you weren't sexually involved.

Also Natsume is a very feminine name.

And was their Korea name something like Kim Hyungwoo or something? (Judging from his username handle hyeng_w00 and most Kboos go with Kim)

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

It's more likely that person was a fan of the anime/manga Natsume Yuujinchou lol

Posted (edited)

It's more likely that person was a fan of the anime/manga Natsume Yuujinchou lol

Reminds me of that Mexican makeup artist Rin (Aranza/gothfruits) who named themselves after Rin Matsuoka.

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the input. 

Apart from them saying they are trans and taking T, did he ever prove any of this or have you seen proof of it? Or did you unconditionally believe them because you were in a love daze?

I also find it disturbing that you were 13 years old and they were 18... No young adult should ever be seeking a relationship with someone who just became a teen. It's borderline pedophilic, if not, actually pedophilic. I hope you weren't sexually involved.

And was their Korea name something like Kim Hyungwoo or something? (Judging from his username handle hyeng_w00 and most Kboos go with Kim)

he was 16 when we got together haha but he did officially break it off when he reached 18 because he didn't like how increasingly comfortable I got the older I became. He thought it was weird since he was 18. And I just believed him because I was at the point of time where tumblr took precedent and I didnt want to be called transphobic. And no. I think it was Song something? Its been 3 years, sorry:alpacadone:. I know their handles are usually exo chanyeol or kyungsoo related but that's about it. Otherwise he isn't on SNS or anything; he's just an ex who was well liked by people on a small website that were quick to jump to his defense often. 

Edited by Studi0
Grammar

Posted

Found this random girl pretending to be Korean through a comment she left on Lana's (the Russian Kpop soloist) pic.

She says her name is Han Yun A, but her "Russian name" is Julia.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.eb5d4420ae2a94f83

Her IG description says:
"How are you?))))
I am Han Yun A))))
Russian name: Julia))
Fortunately new acquaintance))
(what it literally says, probably her own mistake)
Learning Russian and Russian tradition!))
Our mom and dad are Russian because their appearance is Russian language.
¬†(she used¬†žĖī, her mistake again) However, we are Koreans))))"

Pics:

Hidden Content

She also follows accounts like BTS, Jimin, V, EXO, Yang Hyunsul, Blackpink, Lana, AB6IX, ATEEZ, SM Town, Itzy, WayV, etc. (too much to count)

Sometimes she writes her captions in Korean, but they are very beginner level.

Maybe she meant that her nationality is Korean while her ethnicity is Russian. But I don't really believe her since her bad Korean wouldn't fit that image.

Posted

Maybe she meant that her nationality is Korean while her ethnicity is Russian. But I don't really believe her since her bad Korean wouldn't fit that image.

She lives in Russia. Her pics from school and stories showed that.