• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3659 posts in this topic

Posted

D84qcgZXkAApRMV.jpg

this is how fakers answer questions

when you use someone else's picture (who is an actual korean) but you gotta keep going with the lie lmao.

Posted

Her

her Youtube, for anyone who wants to check her Korean (in case you can actually stand the singing)

also I'm pretty sure that K-profile and her instagram fanpage were made by her. But comparing her to past fakers she could actually be half just judging from her instagram pictures.

Oof sorry to bring this up again, but this topic has been bothering me for so long, especially when she's trying to shove herself in people's faces. I'm a fan of KPop and I went to the kprofile site to look up something and her profile was on the front page at the time. I was genuinely confused when I saw her so I looked her up and everything seemed so... fake... like she was trying to write a story and be the main character. Part of me also believes that she somehow talked or convinced the author to write that on her and she provided the facts. IDK. Her pictures all look insanely different from her video appearance. She doesn't look mixed at all in video, but in her pictures she could maybe pull it off. Also I can't help but laugh in the video above, she 'talks' to someone behind the camera it seems and then basically shows she's alone... lmao.

Posted

So the link in her bio leads to a tickets sale (?) ... (also, no buyers yet, I think)

Let's see...
A page with rumours and facts about her,
a tickets sale for a concert, and a fanpage (kangsoyeonfanpage), even a fandom.

She has 15 followers on Twitter,
418 followers on Instagram and
104 subscribers on YouTube.
Despite, I apologize, being a literal nobody (Not as a person! I'm referring to her status in the Music industry/world!), she has a fandom name alas the "Yeonsters" (formerly Jungies?)

What exactly is she-

Reading all those facts gave me second hand embarrassment to be honest. Remember when that Dreamfighter kid had this exact same thing, with all the facts and rumors?

Edit: Call me crazy now, but didn't she say her father is Japanese-Korean? It doesn't necessarily have to be the father, but I thought that's kind of interesting. Just wondered why there wasn't someone a bit more fair-skinned in the family photo. Of course not all east asians are as pale as chalk, but definitely lighter. (I'm sorry if that sounded inappropriate, I do hope you get my point though.)

20190609_040044.thumb.jpg.47631bd9ed4d2b20190609_040027.thumb.jpg.fdd66332c0222120190609_040107.thumb.jpg.380aca0fc6a617

Oh and that fanpage was made from the same person who keeps on promoting her, Fatima R.

Also, https://soyeonfansite.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-truth-about-kang-soyeon.html?m=1

Sigh.

Now this girl can definitely be mixed with something, but I'm 99% sure she is faking.

If she went to middle school in Korea, she should have high, if not perfect fluency. At a conversational level at least. Her Korean doesn't depict this.

Also her following/followers list on instagram is very telling. For someone who went to middle school in Korea and grew up there, even set to 'debut', she sure seems lack a lot of Korean friends. Now, she may not have a lot of friends in real life, but the fact she isn't following any of her 'Korean' family or having any old friends is sus. 

Posted (edited)

I stumbled across this girl on insta a few weeks ago, who claims to be mixed Japanese. I’ve seen her stories in which she claimed to have grown up in Japan but is now a  half-Japanese living in Germany. My Japanese skills aren’t really great so could anyone tell me if her Japanese skills are native or just generated Google translate garbage? 

61D534D7-0040-43C2-8713-361F4B8CAE86.thu

She also shames other boos despite seemingly being one herself (she had another handle back then):

B655614B-7C8F-45FD-8B96-2DFE740977E9.thu

An example of her Japanese skills:

78A3D521-3804-4425-8651-146544E2B926.thu

Edited by overripeavocado

Posted

They look so different without those excessive filters...

Posted (edited)

I stumbled across this girl on insta a few weeks ago, who claims to be mixed Japanese. I’ve seen her stories in which she claimed to have grown up in Japan but is now a  half-Japanese living in Germany. My Japanese skills aren’t really great so could anyone tell me if her Japanese skills are native or just generated Google translate garbage? 

She also shames other boos despite seemingly being one herself (she had another handle back then):

B655614B-7C8F-45FD-8B96-2DFE740977E9.thu

An example of her Japanese skills:

78A3D521-3804-4425-8651-146544E2B926.thu

The grammar and stuff is too "textbook-ish" to say she has lived in Japan before. So yeah there's a huge chance she's just pretending.

She could have learnt Japanese, but how she types surely isn't how people who lived in Japan types. The sentences reeks of Google Translate too.

Edited by Parasol Waddle Dee

Posted (edited)

Posted (edited)

Also, that’s how she looks like irl vs with snow filter turned up to 100%:

3279A5CE-931A-4308-A40D-FB27E4B441BB.thu

2B7D3318-CA1D-4C82-8362-AF147E4F9517.thushe also tags her pictures with #mixedblood and #mixedbabies which are huge indicators of her being a boo.

CC809C7C-6CA6-4B80-ADF4-F1C89DF626AC.jpeg

Posted

Also, that’s how she looks like irl vs with snow filter turned up to 100%:

3279A5CE-931A-4308-A40D-FB27E4B441BB.thu

2B7D3318-CA1D-4C82-8362-AF147E4F9517.thushe also tags her pictures with #mixedblood and #mixedbabies which are huge indicators of her being a boo.

CC809C7C-6CA6-4B80-ADF4-F1C89DF626AC.jpeg

The pictures don't load I think?

Posted (edited)

The pictures don't load I think?

Can you see them now? 

FA82615F-2ECC-4009-A175-80571221A256.thu9C590043-4BD6-4A1A-BED0-B87D3C9D40B0.thu

6C086B1E-D42F-4DF0-91ED-710E4E4E5531.thu

Posted

Can you see them now? 

Hidden Content

yes thanks:)

Posted

yeah sad_hunter_'s japanese is really odd

Posted (edited)

The grammar and stuff is too "textbook-ish" to say she has lived in Japan before. So yeah there's a huge chance she's just pretending.

She could have learnt Japanese, but how she types surely isn't how people who lived in Japan types. The sentences reeks of Google Translate too.

It sounds a little too good for google translate, but also too bad for somebody who actually speak Japanese well. My best guess is that she took some classes or maybe studies Japanese at university and is in her 2nd semester or so. At best, she spent a few months in Japan as an exchange student in high school or something.

In any case, she doesn't sound like somebody who lived there for several years or even grew up there.

Also what's up with her geotagging? She has Kawasaki written in her insta-bio, but then also tags a post with Nagoya, even though it has literally nothing to do with anything location-related. 

Edited by Sakamoto

Posted

It sounds a little too good for google translate, but also too bad for somebody who actually speak Japanese well. My best guess is that she took some classes or maybe studies Japanese at university and is in her 2nd semester or so. At best, she spent a few months in Japan as an exchange student in high school or something.

In any case, she doesn't sound like somebody who lived there for several years or even grew up there.

Also what's up with her geotagging? She has Kawasaki written in her insta-bio, but then also tags a post with Nagoya, even though it has literally nothing to do with anything location-related. 

Judging the content of her posts, she seems to be just working and not a college student studying Japanese. I think she’s just really obsessed with everything Japanese. Also, isn’t it rather uncommon in Japan to always include  “I/Me” in sentences? 

Posted (edited)

Her Japanese is reaaaaaally odd and definitely not the Japanese of someone who's got a good grasp of the language

edit: she also tags a lot of her pictures with こわいい(kowaii) which is like.. Decide? Do you want to be scary こわい (kowai) or cute かわいい(kawaii) ? 

Edited by Sora