• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3366 posts in this topic

Posted

Haha what kind of world do we live in where fakers fake being other fakers?

Also, why is his head so small?!

He's korean, I was only mentioning how he called out another race faker last week for pretending to be him.

Posted

He's korean, I was only mentioning how he called out another race faker last week for pretending to be him.

Ooh my b. Kind of misleading to post him iin the race fakers page though. People might get the wrong idea.

Posted

I’m sure this guy was just annoyed that the question was in English. I noticed that a lot of koreans get annoyed when they receive English comments or questions probably because they are just not confident in speaking or reading English. That’s why he probably said “I’m korean” to make clear that he can’t or doesn’t want to answer English questions. 

But it’s funny because it fits how every single person posted on this thread would answer :D

Posted

So I checked out this Soyeon girl through her Instagram and watched/skimmed through one of her singing videos, and I will point out some flags that indicate that she is not Korean.

1. In one of her Instagram captions, she writes: 난 너무 늦었어! 고마워요 as well as a direct English translation below. The flow of these two sentences are off (casual then formal) and the first sentence structure is beyond basic and elementary. 

2.A lot of her tags are #서울 #부산 and coincidentally #BTS, which give me the notion that she is a BTS fan and trying to ride their fame.

3. She claims that she went to Shindong Middle School and was born in Pyeongchang-dong. Although both are in Seoul, Shindong MS is not in the same school district as Pyeongchang-dong to my knowledge. Yes, she could have moved around within Seoul, but most of the time, you only list your high school and higher education on professional profiles. Her listing her middle school seems to me like a, look at me, I'm sooo Korean type of deal.

4. In one of her videos, she speaks very little Korean. And repeats one phrase of Korean over and over again. Personally I think it's a small indicator of inability to speak Korean. (On a biased note, there are so many talented artists in Korea already, it'll be very difficult for her to succeed in the industry at her current level.)

5. Also personal bias and experence time: Pyeongchang-dong is one of the very wealthy neighborhoods within Seoul and typically very socially conservative. I have a hard time believing that a multiracial couple was supposedly able to live in such an expensive neighborhood for such a period of time to be able to birth their baby there.

Her parents divorced and she was living under her grandparent's wing while the parents sorted things out but they never did and therefore her mother took her to the states. She had to be outside of Pyeonghang-dong due to the racial issues she was facing already, even at Shindong she  recieved a bunch of hate from peers which is also where I can tell you the reason she uses english more is because I'm sure of her american friends telling her to use more english than korean because you know americans lmao that still doesn't really mean the middle school should be listed, so its interesting but I can't confirm more facts than that what I've provided because I don't know more than that

Posted

sorry for the confusion! he's not a faker, the answer was just really funny

Posted

If this is too little followers I'll delete the post but hes got the typical symptoms of a race faking asian

20190614_133506.jpg

Posted

If this is too little followers I'll delete the post but hes got the typical symptoms of a race faking asian

20190614_133506.jpg

not another kyle

Posted

Ah, this one. Born in America, claims to have family in Korea, China and Ireland. Not much to talk about him tbh.

Posted

"ulzzang wannabe"

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d045e463535734f2e

We're back in 2010, ladies

I don't really keep up with Korean beauty trends, I googled ullzzang and I don't really understand what it is?

Posted

I don't really keep up with Korean beauty trends, I googled ullzzang and I don't really understand what it is?

its a Korean term that means best face. 

Posted

Like @Clouded Moon said, "ulzzang" is short for ulgul 얼굴 (meaning face), and zzang 짱 (abbreviation for good/best).

If you search the term on Google Image, you will find a bunch of pictures of good looking Korean people. But in the past, "ulzzang" was not only a word used to describe beautiful people, it was kind of a style. Big eyes (circle lenses), white skin, innocent look, puppy eyes eyeliner, straight eyebrows, double eyelid, etc. If you look on Naver (the Korean Google), you'll be able to see what was "ulzzang" back in the early 2010s.

5d06c150c1596_Capture_decran_2019-06-17_

I haven't heard any Korean person describing themselves as "ulzzang" since 2012 so it's kind of an old phenomenon. But I guess koreaboos having no knowledge on the subject think it's still a thing. I tried the #얼짱 on Instagram and I only found pictures of Japanese, Russian and white people in general. No Korean. :hmm:

IMG_0860.thumb.PNG.125c6674bdcb4d71bac69IMG_0861.thumb.PNG.4cb815e2374bdc6ed5749

Shoutout to all my fellas who watched 얼짱시대 Ulzzang Generation :haiplz:

Posted (edited)

sorry i’m on mobile so i don’t know how to format but... i was just trying to look up info on a group and clicked on this site and i just. i have no idea if it’s legit but i really don’t think so because. this whole thing seems so fishy to me since she has nothing about her past life in korea or anything to prove that she lived there???

39303578-0AE8-459C-8D86-708E33141460.jpeg

E9138D7A-A674-4C25-B264-95D71B7AE359.jpeg

243283D0-A5AD-4F77-9EB5-F6E91F7319D3.jpeg

and i oop- okay so i got on my profile just for this. I don't want to expose myself but i have a ton of friends who go to or went to cy-springs and let me tell you, this chick is not any part korean. I asked all of them, and i'm kind of in the middle of the kpop-fan and normal kids sphere. It doesn't even need to be said. Maybe i'm not getting accurate information from the people i know, but there aren't even that many koreans in cypress. The koreans i meet are from really culture centered events. It's more likely that she's part viet/filipino/indian but we already know no koreaboo is going to claim any of those identities. Ive met like a handful korean and japanese people out in the wild besides events.

Edited by lilbaby

Posted (edited)

20190614_133506.jpg

I just realized he put "yarichin" as his bio roflmaooo

Do these people even try to google search what it means before writing 'em?? I'm legit laughing and dying in the insides rn.

EDIT: I know it's a part of a manga title but still wtf lmao

For people who don't know what it means, it's basically a Japanese slang for mansluts/fuckboy. With "yariman" as the female counterpart of the word. You don't call yourself that 'cause it's insulting in nature, like you don't call yourself a slutty bitch unironically even if you are one.
Edited by Parasol Waddle Dee