• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3950 posts in this topic

Posted

if you go into her tagged photos theres a post from 2017 giving her a shoutout and it mentions in the hashtags #blasian #korean so this isnt a new thing however it seems like she used to go by the name Yeonjung so im thinking is she picking and choosing korean names to her liking? that one is a bit iffy...

she could be mixed I mean at this point you never know with the amount of race fakers

20190609_002202.jpg

Posted

if you go into her tagged photos theres a post from 2017 giving her a shoutout and it mentions in the hashtags #blasian #korean so this isnt a new thing however it seems like she used to go by the name Yeonjung so im thinking is she picking and choosing korean names to her liking? that one is a bit iffy...

she could be mixed I mean at this point you never know with the amount of race fakers

20190609_002202.jpg

I wasn't gonna comment on her looks, because the popular korean model han hyun min doesnt look that mixed to me either, but is AND speaks korean fluently/grew up there

but changing your korean name? thats a sign of it being total BS. if she was born in korea and was given a korean name at birth, that doesnt change. even if u have an unofficial korean name (as in its not on any official documents, like me, but your korean family refers to you by it), its not gonna change randomly. wanting to be an idol was already sus but changing her korean name is like okay yeah shes just making it all up

Posted (edited)

So the link in her bio leads to a tickets sale (?) ... (also, no buyers yet, I think)

Let's see...
A page with rumours and facts about her,
a tickets sale for a concert, and a fanpage (kangsoyeonfanpage), even a fandom.

She has 15 followers on Twitter,
418 followers on Instagram and
104 subscribers on YouTube.
Despite, I apologize, being a literal nobody (Not as a person! I'm referring to her status in the Music industry/world!), she has a fandom name alas the "Yeonsters" (formerly Jungies?)

What exactly is she-

Reading all those facts gave me second hand embarrassment to be honest. Remember when that Dreamfighter kid had this exact same thing, with all the facts and rumors?

Edit: Call me crazy now, but didn't she say her father is Japanese-Korean? It doesn't necessarily have to be the father, but I thought that's kind of interesting. Just wondered why there wasn't someone a bit more fair-skinned in the family photo. Of course not all east asians are as pale as chalk, but definitely lighter. (I'm sorry if that sounded inappropriate, I do hope you get my point though.)

20190609_040044.thumb.jpg.47631bd9ed4d2b20190609_040027.thumb.jpg.fdd66332c0222120190609_040107.thumb.jpg.380aca0fc6a617

Oh and that fanpage was made from the same person who keeps on promoting her, Fatima R.

Also, https://soyeonfansite.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-truth-about-kang-soyeon.html?m=1

Sigh.

Edited by Solomon

Posted

Oh gosh imagine making an amino fan page dedicated to yourself 😣 

Posted

I listened to some of her songs and it seems fishy to me because i can understand what she saying and i am not good at korean lol shes just using very basic sentences + grammar structures + repeating them + throwing in english verses Also i will say im not the best judge but i would have expected to be able to speak more fluently(it seems choppy idk the word to use) when saying basic sentences if shes native/speaks Korean

Her

her Youtube, for anyone who wants to check her Korean (in case you can actually stand the singing)

also I'm pretty sure that K-profile and her instagram fanpage were made by her. But comparing her to past fakers she could actually be half just judging from her instagram pictures.

Posted

i wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but people can upload anything to kprofiles as long as there’s “proof” which people can fake tbh. and reading all the stuff that you guys pointed out just make me question everything about her. 

man, i’m really hoping this is just a phase for her because she’s still a teenager and stuff. but man it’s super cringe to read those facts and that “truth” page was something that read like a fanfic... 

Posted

Shoes in the house despite being half korean and raised in Korea with a Korean parent? No fucking way. There is a lie in here somewhere. 

So true! Your comment honestly made me laugh more than it should have. I 100% agree with you LOL

but if she isn't lying possibly she put them on just for the picture

Posted

D84qcgZXkAApRMV.jpg

this is how fakers answer questions

I follow this dude and this is honestly so funny, he actually called out a faker last week publicly on his ig story because they were using pictures pretending to be him lmao

Posted

That mixed girl literally turned her fanfiction into real life :alpacawink:

Posted

D84qcgZXkAApRMV.jpg

this is how fakers answer questions

He doesn’t seem not korean to me. Checked his instagram videos out, he seems natural? Maybe he’s just bad when it comes to reading english

Posted

He doesn’t seem not korean to me. Checked his instagram videos out, he seems natural? Maybe he’s just bad when it comes to reading english

That post was a joke

Posted (edited)

I follow this dude and this is honestly so funny, he actually called out a faker last week publicly on his ig story because they were using pictures pretending to be him lmao

Haha what kind of world do we live in where fakers fake being other fakers?

Also, why is his head so small?!

correction: not a race faker. Misunderstood. 

Edited by Sugi