• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

4106 posts in this topic

Posted

Most of the people discussed here perfectly fit the criteria of racefakers and contributed to all this doubt.

1) They claim to be able to speak their languages, but mess up even the most basic grammar. Besides, Google translated sentences are easy to spot.
2) They constantly change their ethnicity, lowering this percentage, increasing that percentage, adding new ethnicities...
3) It's always Japan or Korea, sometimes China, the countries they deem more "trendy"
4) They always have to mention their asianess and get overly defensive when being doubted. They need validation. Actual mixed people usually have no problems with whipping out family photos etc.

Kyle: claimed his japanese father left
Jasmine: claims her korean mother left
Jinee: claims his korean father left
Ryu: claims both his japanese parents died
Nicole/Rei: claims one parent was japanese and that both died
Pixyteri: claimed her mother cheated with a japanese man
(Also, 3 of them even lie about being cismale, if they can do that, then they also can lie about everything else, right?)

Some of these people either left the internet or admitted to their lies, but absolutely all of them follow one scheme:
5) The asian parent is always missing, out of the picture, left, dead, etc., all backed up by sob stories and excuses.

Most of us react to the things they do first, before judging their appearances while some don't, but let's be real:

A half korean person with hair as blonde as it gets and blue eyes? You don't see that everyday. 

100% agree that most of the people discussed here are really racefakers, but graciesea is not wrong either, bc sometimes, there are some people posted who are completely normal/just a bit cringy just bc op has some personal issues or so. like sometimes it's just a normal girl with like 100 followers and nothing seems to be off, or sometimes people are posted here just bc they use korean hashtags to boost their likes and nothing else, no korean captions or bio or anything kboo related and those people are also posted here sometimes 

those people you named were the major, most attentiongrabbing race fakers, but i think graciesea meant those smaller accounts

Posted

100% agree that most of the people discussed here are really racefakers, but graciesea is not wrong either, bc sometimes, there are some people posted who are completely normal/just a bit cringy just bc op has some personal issues or so. like sometimes it's just a normal girl with like 100 followers and nothing seems to be off, or sometimes people are posted here just bc they use korean hashtags to boost their likes and nothing else, no korean captions or bio or anything kboo related and those people are also posted here sometimes 

those people you named were the major, most attentiongrabbing race fakers, but i think graciesea meant those smaller accounts

usually people who post small accounts get shut down quickly. or people who just use hashtags (a while ago, there was 1 person who said they made an ig account just in korean, in order to learn slang and practice the language, which most people here agreed it's fine). 

i think it's ok to ask people here for opinion, as long as it's not attacking anyone, especially without any proof.

Posted

I just look up their account and lo and behold - nothing new, still in denial.

20190512_232437.thumb.png.a9d9f7ed37b695

Another picture from their childhood, looking so hAlF KOrEan~~~ uwu 

20190512_232733.thumb.png.2e2c00d16ac8f3

There are many white Passing mixed kids but usually asian genes are more dominant, so the nose, eyes or at least eye colour will be passed down but the Odds of all 3 of those things not being passed down to a mixed child is near impossible .... anyone ever thought of the fact that their Parents might be lying to them?

Posted

There are many white Passing mixed kids but usually asian genes are more dominant, so the nose, eyes or at least eye colour will be passed down but the Odds of all 3 of those things not being passed down to a mixed child is near impossible .... anyone ever thought of the fact that their Parents might be lying to them?

I don't think this is the case for most examples here, but I think it still shouldn't be forgotten. There was a kid at my school who looked 100% Asian, but was half white. He only found out something was wrong when we checked blood types  in biology class and his didn't match with his parents. It was never really confirmed, but apparently he was taken in by his aunt and uncle. 

Posted

I don't think this is the case for most examples here, but I think it still shouldn't be forgotten. There was a kid at my school who looked 100% Asian, but was half white. He only found out something was wrong when we checked blood types  in biology class and his didn't match with his parents. It was never really confirmed, but apparently he was taken in by his aunt and uncle. 

A friend of a friend of mine once had insisted on being half Korean but she had blue eyes and blond hair, showed us pictures of her Korean father until she found out he was not her biological father but did raise her with her biological mom! It is crazy and amazingly rare but there could be a chance 

Posted

A friend of a friend of mine once had insisted on being half Korean but she had blue eyes and blond hair, showed us pictures of her Korean father until she found out he was not her biological father but did raise her with her biological mom! It is crazy and amazingly rare but there could be a chance 

but for cases like her, you could say she was at least culturally a bit korean if her father passed it down

Posted (edited)

Most of the people discussed here perfectly fit the criteria of racefakers and contributed to all this doubt.

1) They claim to be able to speak their languages, but mess up even the most basic grammar. Besides, Google translated sentences are easy to spot.
2) They constantly change their ethnicity, lowering this percentage, increasing that percentage, adding new ethnicities...
3) It's always Japan or Korea, sometimes China, the countries they deem more "trendy"
4) They always have to mention their asianess and get overly defensive when being doubted. They need validation. Actual mixed people usually have no problems with whipping out family photos etc.

Kyle: claimed his japanese father left
Jasmine: claims her korean mother left
Jinee: claims his korean father left
Ryu: claims both his japanese parents died
Nicole/Rei: claims one parent was japanese and that both died
Pixyteri: claimed her mother cheated with a japanese man
(Also, 3 of them even lie about being cismale, if they can do that, then they also can lie about everything else, right?)

Some of these people either left the internet or admitted to their lies, but absolutely all of them follow one scheme:
5) The asian parent is always missing, out of the picture, left, dead, etc., all backed up by sob stories and excuses.

Most of us react to the things they do first, before judging their appearances while some don't, but let's be real:

A half korean person with hair as blonde as it gets and blue eyes? You don't see that everyday. 

agree but there was a 1/4 Japanese guy posted a while back who liked Korea and he was accused of faking a pic of his mother loll.....

Just some posts are kind of accusatory and mean but yes most of these people are obviously lying idk I agree w/ u.

usually people who post small accounts get shut down quickly. or people who just use hashtags (a while ago, there was 1 person who said they made an ig account just in korean, in order to learn slang and practice the language, which most people here agreed it's fine). 

i think it's ok to ask people here for opinion, as long as it's not attacking anyone, especially without any proof.

BUT race isn't an opinion and that's kind of the problem. not to derail the thread so I won't comment further esp bc I do look at this thread sometimes and im just as guilty 

Edited by graciesea

Posted

BUT race isn't an opinion and that's kind of the problem. not to derail the thread so I won't comment further esp bc I do look at this thread sometimes and im just as guilty 

ok i'm sorry if i am writing this in a way that it's hard to understand but... if someone posts themselves online for everyone to see, its kinda up for debate. so far, i think everyone here (aside from one girl maybe) have been proven that they're faking their race? like, why is it a problem to call out people playing pretend and then going back to being white at the end of the day (lets face it, most of the time it's white kids) 

like, there's a rule for a reason not to contact people posted here to avoid any harassment and stuff, i really don't see why you're this hung up on this. 

spoiler cause OT i guess. but i fail to understand, i'm sorry. 

Posted

agree but there was a 1/4 Japanese guy posted a while back who liked Korea and he was accused of faking a pic of his mother loll.....

Just some posts are kind of accusatory and mean but yes most of these people are obviously lying idk I agree w/ u.

Regarding Johnny (? that's his name, right?) his identity has quickly been 'proven' thanks to Caeleigh. It turned into finding the way he acts a weird flex more than questioning if he was really part Japanese. The dude just preached and mocked other kboos while trying to over-compensate his own Asian roots, when he's just as clueless as most fakers.

As for the rest of your previous posts, I think we already went over this a dozen times (and vader_chan said it too) in this thread and even the blackfishing thread: it's mostly not questioning those race-fakers for the sake of it, but being rightfully pissed at them for flexing an identity (and it's always EA as if China, Japan and Korea were the only countries in Asia) when it barely impacts their real life.

When they get tired of playing pretend with a race that is just a hot trend to them, they can stop their squinting eyes and Photoshop and go back to being their own race, which very often is part of the majority in their country. Asian kids don't have that luxury and their racial identity still follows them when they log off Instagram.

Posted

When they get tired of playing pretend with a race that is just a hot trend to them, they can stop their squinting eyes and Photoshop and go back to being their own race, which very often is part of the majority in their country. Asian kids don't have that luxury and their racial identity still follows them when they log off Instagram.

this is my main gripe with race fakers, be it "asian" or "black" or whatever. (don't even get me started how no one ever says they're half Thai or Filipino or anything of the sorts, like you said, it's always Korea/Japan and sometimes China. Guess rest of Asia isn't as cool lmao)

Posted

Derailing.

Posted

Derailing.

should i make a thread for general discussions? i doubt it would be approved for 5 post discussions that can be made in this thread. we're only derailing cause there's nothing interesting going on atm , chill.

Posted

this is my main gripe with race fakers, be it "asian" or "black" or whatever. (don't even get me started how no one ever says they're half Thai or Filipino or anything of the sorts, like you said, it's always Korea/Japan and sometimes China. Guess rest of Asia isn't as cool lmao)

yep definetly not cool for them. we're not cool enough for those race fakers, i said that as a southeast asian.

Posted

Hidden Content

Sorry if I sounded harsh. But it'd be a good idea if we moved this conversation to general. Since this is about exposing race-fakers.