• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3531 posts in this topic

Posted

hey everyone! i made this account because this person keeps showing up in my notifs and it's frustrating lol. i was wondering if anyone has mentioned hyeng_w00 on instagram? they are a spanish(?) ex cosplayer who seems to be pretending to be korean... they followed me on the day i posted about asian fetishism and posted on their story that they couldnt believe people would do that - ironic since they clearly edit monolids onto their pictures and their actual lid can be seen in many pics. all of their pics are so edited to be a stereotypical "oppar" look 🙄

Yep this seems pretty suspect to me.

SmartSelect_20190502-002241_Instagram.thprotip: if you're going to edit a monolid, first of all don't. Secondly, make sure that blur tool doesn't go over your bangs.

Posted

Yep this seems pretty suspect to me.

SmartSelect_20190502-002241_Instagram.thprotip: if you're going to edit a monolid, first of all don't. Secondly, make sure that blur tool doesn't go over your bangs.

his korean is super super basic if he’s trying to pass.. 

Posted

Damn he should try blurring his hair some more still looks crispy lol

Posted

his korean is super super basic if he’s trying to pass.. 

they use 당신 which shows they dont know any korean and its google translate

idk why they dont use papago theres less grammar and coloquial errors

Posted

they use 당신 which shows they dont know any korean and its google translate

idk why they dont use papago theres less grammar and coloquial errors

i wonder that all the time but papago sometimes uses 당신 as a translation for "you" ...

lolll.thumb.jpg.67bfd144aef8d176812b9dea

shit like this is usually a huge giveaway tho lol

Posted

Another thing to note about this guy is that the sarahah account he links to has the username heichou kun...meaning he's into Japan shit too. This strikes me as super weeby and not something a Korean would normally post... I mean, correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like he's a former weeaboo turned koreaboo. 

Posted (edited)

i wonder that all the time but papago sometimes uses 당신 as a translation for "you" ...

lolll.thumb.jpg.67bfd144aef8d176812b9dea

shit like this is usually a huge giveaway tho lol

papago has settings for honorific or casual and 너/니 or just 니 are far more common in posts than 당신 

yh the tags are a huge tell but like even if they just wrote captions in korean kr speakers can just tell (even if theyre just learning how to read hangul tbh)

Another thing to note about this guy is that the sarahah account he links to has the username heichou kun...meaning he's into Japan shit too. This strikes me as super weeby and not something a Korean would normally post... I mean, correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like he's a former weeaboo turned koreaboo. 

yeah he used to cosplay 

anyway i asked how he learned korean bc it reads awkwardly

Edited by alzkdpf

Posted

also, a long time ago there was an ad from a local convention that was looking for a cosplay makeup instructor for some sort of panel, what bothered me was part of the requirements: must look korean/japanese to qualify

it just all seems so shallow to me yet i think it's a big problem on the blatant fetishation

Sorry to bump an old post but I found the ad. Also my bad, they were looking for someone Chinese/Japanese-looking (not Korean) but you still get the idea they want an East Asian-looking person.

Also by very good complexion, they likely mean someone who has really light skin.

yellow fever.jpg

Posted (edited)

:^)

IMG_20190502_200436_178.jpg

trans: "ah alright i get that but if youre not using song lyrics why did you write "당신"? how did you learn korean?"

im DEAD

Edited by alzkdpf

Posted

ill trans when im free but im DEAD

WHOOOOOF LMAO

Posted

lmao!! when you get called out on your shit and don't have an answer so you try to deflect,,,,, "wdym?" :feelgood:

Posted

wdym = i can't speak korean i need google translate

Posted (edited)

this is hilarioussssssss hahahahaha

the commenter is basically asking him why he's using dangsin if it's not lyrics and then asks how he learned korean.

gotta love the wdym... he's just so korean

EDIT: just looked through his profile and guess who's commented lol... none other than kpop lover frenchymorgan (or just bts stan)

lol.png

ignore this - can't delete it

bonus.JPG

Edited by Omega3

Posted

Sorry to bump an old post but I found the ad. Also my bad, they were looking for someone Chinese/Japanese-looking (not Korean) but you still get the idea they want an East Asian-looking person.

Also by very good complexion, they likely mean someone who has really light skin.

yellow fever.jpg

am i weird? i dont see the problem with this. people post racial specifications for models all the time, as well as gender and age specifications usually. so for me, asking for a chinese/japanese looking model is a bit odd with the wording but ive seen posts looking for mixed asian models, for AA models, for blue eyed caucasian models, so idk this seems relatively typical in the modeling world. idk to me its just not really a red flag cuz modeling posts can get REALLY really specific cuz they have a certain look in mind before they post (and potentially more so in this case as it was cosplay) and they dont want to get people who arent anywhere close to that look applying

also i believe the good complexion refers to not having a lot of acne/redness as that would require a different type of makeup/heavier makeup/more prep time covering the skin. at least thats what im getting from it. if they had said a "bright" complexion then yeah theres a potentially hidden meaning, but ive heard good complexion only in reference to good skin aka unblemished skin.

the shaved eyebrows and having thin double eyelids im side eyeing though cuz like a. why would you shave your eyebrows for this/thats so specific/you can just use makeup to cover them up and b. thin eyelids? again, SO SPECIFIC like you shot yourself in the foot for finding models by adding these two very specific things imho

Posted

he can't reply to you cause he doesn't understand, i am deceased lmfao. please let us know if he replies anything else, i expect it should be funny :happee: