• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3499 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven’t read up on everything about this Jasmine person, but so far she seems like the annoying friend in the group no one wants around but they’re all to nice to say it to her face. 

I mean, whenever she asks something on one of the fb groups, she pretty much gets ignored 💁‍♀️

Posted

correct me if I'm wrong but I think Jasmine's mom is not in her life at all . She probably makes up those scenarios and her ideal mom in her head . I don't know if she actually believes in them as well or just wants to get attention .

it's kinda sad if you think about it but who knows . We will never know what's in her head .

Posted

Why is the ethnicity always Korean or even Japanese whenever they claim to be part Asian? I know it ain't a coincidence.

Posted

Why is the ethnicity always Korean or even Japanese whenever they claim to be part Asian? I know it ain't a coincidence.

bc people think it's cool to be part east asian than other asian countries (i read someone said something like that on a nikita dragun thread and i kinda agree with what he/she said that being part japanese or korean is better than being part vietnamese or filipino or thai). you will never quite see people claiming they are half southeast asian or half west asian etc. it's always half east asian mostly from korea and japan not much from china. it's kinda overrated now.

Posted

I still don't see why kids... no... nevermind, there's 20-somethings here too--but I dont' get why people wanna fake their race.

I know people have said on this board before (I'm a lurker) it's because of all the 'hate' against white people and the kids are trying to distance themselves from their race, but I'm white and I don't understand? Like I can't be bothered to feel bad when person of color says 'ugh I hate white ppl' because I'm pretty sure they face/have faced serious racism themselves. Every single race has shit to deal with, and minority groups in general, such as religious groups. I mean, Muslims dealing with serious Islamophobia isn't exactly a walk in the park for them either, yet they don't go lying that they're non-Muslim (I know it isn't a race, but I was using this as an example).

Sure some people hate white people.. or they're just extremely fed up with a racist society and are young so they're learning to cope with it in negative ways, but regardless, yeah. Bigots exist. It sucks.

That doesn't give anyone an excuse to be racist and yellowface/brownface or lie about their ethnicity. 

Posted

I still don't see why kids... no... nevermind, there's 20-somethings here too--but I dont' get why people wanna fake their race.

I know people have said on this board before (I'm a lurker) it's because of all the 'hate' against white people and the kids are trying to distance themselves from their race, but I'm white and I don't understand? Like I can't be bothered to feel bad when person of color says 'ugh I hate white ppl' because I'm pretty sure they face/have faced serious racism themselves. Every single race has shit to deal with, and minority groups in general, such as religious groups. I mean, Muslims dealing with serious Islamophobia isn't exactly a walk in the park for them either, yet they don't go lying that they're non-Muslim (I know it isn't a race, but I was using this as an example).

Sure some people hate white people.. or they're just extremely fed up with a racist society and are young so they're learning to cope with it in negative ways, but regardless, yeah. Bigots exist. It sucks.

That doesn't give anyone an excuse to be racist and yellowface/brownface or lie about their ethnicity. 

my thoughts exactly. I think they fake being asian or half asian to feel like they belong in a certain community. 

Posted

bc people think it's cool to be part east asian than other asian countries (i read someone said something like that on a nikita dragun thread and i kinda agree with what he/she said that being part japanese or korean is better than being part vietnamese or filipino or thai). you will never quite see people claiming they are half southeast asian or half west asian etc. it's always half east asian mostly from korea and japan not much from china. it's kinda overrated now.

I have partial Thai and South East Asian ancestry and when I tell people, they immediately think I'm a race faker or trying to pretend to be "east asian" it's annoying. 

Posted

I have partial Thai and South East Asian ancestry and when I tell people, they immediately think I'm a race faker or trying to pretend to be "east asian" it's annoying. 

lmao why do i have a feeling that the only asian country they know is east asian. you just said you are part thai and another country from southeast asia but they immediately think of east asia and that you are pretending to be east asian, there is a huge difference between those countries.

Posted (edited)

I agree w/ what blvck said; they only think of East Asia when they hear the word "Asia." But what about SE Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, or the Middle East? Really shows their ignorance. Even then, they might not think Mongolia as part of East Asia when it actually is geographically.

I'm really sorry you have to put up w/ that, though. Those wannabe Asians have really messed it up for actual mixed Asians.

my thoughts exactly. I think they fake being asian or half asian to feel like they belong in a certain community. 

At the end of the day, they'll never, ever know what it's like to be Asian. They won't know what it's like to be discriminated, having people speak fake Chinese to you or project negative stereotypes onto you. I even had some people assume that I don't speak English because I look "foreign," but I was born and raised in the US and English is my only language. Would they make the same assumption if I looked different?

Those fake Asians can always take off the façade if they ever go through stuff like this, but I can't.

Edited by JiHansoliCannoli

Posted (edited)

It angers me that they think they can relate to what some Asian people have went through just because they pretend to be Asian.People have went through a lot of things for being mixed or full Asian that racefakers can't even imagine going through. There is no "perfect" race, no matter what race you are you will probably get insulted for it at some point.

Edited by swifto

Posted (edited)

Jasmine is going to fly with her baby to South-Korea in 6 months (with Korean Air of course)

20190317_085615.jpg

Edited by BlueRaven

Posted

good god, i can only imagine jasmine mentioning to immigration officers how her baby is half korean :alpacafedup: if she has enough guts and delusion, she might even mention that she herself is half korean 🙄

Posted

I'm afraid she's going to try to stalk the baby's father to pressure him into accepting her... :alpacaworry2:

I thought the same exact thing. I really wouldn't doubt it. As much as I would love for her baby to have a complete, healthy family, I would hope whoever this man is would know better than to stay with a delusional, fetishizing, race faker..