• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3499 posts in this topic

Posted

you know what's lacking, jasmine will tattoo the word half korean and i have a korean mom on her forehead so that all the people will know she is half east asian whenever they encounter her or get a name tag that is so big that people will immediately notice.

Posted (edited)

insta's down. will drop @ later. Look through her tagged photos to see more of her "old" self

insta back up what's her @ ?

Edited by elefire

Posted (edited)

its_it_too.thumb.png.82ddf2c3126fcf74381its_it.thumb.png.59c63eb56b28ab5c4bc50b3

Opinions on this girl? All of her photos of herself are tagged with something related to k pop or japanese, almost all of them being tagged with #halfjapanese. She lives in Germany, in all of her photos she looks very very European, blue eyes, brown hair, European nose. I've covered her account for now because there isn't much information on her and I don't know if she would be worth discussing here

Edited by swifto

Posted

Hidden Content

Opinions on this girl? All of her photos of herself are tagged with something related to k pop or japanese, almost all of them being tagged with #halfjapanese. She lives in Germany, in all of her photos she looks very very European, blue eyes, brown hair, European nose. I've covered her account for now because there isn't much information on her and I don't know if she would be worth discussing here

Pretty sus that she's using the halfjapanese tag, but I guess im happy that she at least isn't doing eye trickery? I wonder if this is another case of not knowing the difference between hooded eyes and monolids. A lot of Germans have hooded eyes.

Posted

I’m so tired of seeing of seeing “My mom is Korean”. Makes me wonder does Jasmine have mom issues? Is her real mom present in her life? Does her family see her mentioning that her mom is Korean? So many questions. 

Posted

Just wanted to share this photo I found on insta

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

her @ is cryingpinkx. she has an edit of "lolita" stickers on her face. she's a kpop and anime fan. I won't play dumb and say "iT's jUsT HeR AesThEtic" but go and judge for yourself. i'm out. 

also make sure to check out the fifth to last post on her spam highlight to catch a glimpse of her hangook oppas <3

Posted

her @ is cryingpinkx. she has an edit of "lolita" stickers on her face. she's a kpop and anime fan. I won't play dumb and say "iT's jUsT HeR AesThEtic" but go and judge for yourself. i'm out. 

also make sure to check out the fifth to last post on her spam highlight to catch a glimpse of her hangook oppas <3

I checked her ig and after seeing the photo in her highlight it seems like she’s going for the grunge-ish korean ulzzang look lol and she wanna date a korean guy...and at the same time she has an identity issue she doesn’t know if she wants to be “little baby” or next thing you know she wanna kill someone and die...

but anyways so far she seems to be harmless just a bit weird and clearly using old outdated ulzzang makeup and the angles which she takes some pictures makes it seem as if she wants to make her eyes look different...yea she’s boring for now 

Posted

Hidden Content

far from being half japanese or a hapanese, if she claims she has either a “japanese mom” or “japanese dad” but never shows them then she's just another delusional weaboo that wants to join the fake half asian/half east asian trend.

Posted

Not quite sure if it fits the thread but just some things I remembered that I keep forgetting to post

I've been reading the e-girls thread (and Poki's thread by extension), yellow fever does seem to go in hand with the e-girl scene with some of them pretending to be a smol cute azn (let's be real, specifically east asian) girl that streams games for views.

also, a long time ago there was an ad from a local convention that was looking for a cosplay makeup instructor for some sort of panel, what bothered me was part of the requirements: must look korean/japanese to qualify

it just all seems so shallow to me yet i think it's a big problem on the blatant fetishation

Posted

Kind of OT, but I feel like a lot of these people are from Germany and I'm just wondering where they all are because I have yet to see someone on the street who actually looks/deceives like some of these people, lol. They must all be hiding.

Posted

Kind of OT, but I feel like a lot of these people are from Germany and I'm just wondering where they all are because I have yet to see someone on the street who actually looks/deceives like some of these people, lol. They must all be hiding.

I pretty regularly see teens with BTS (or other kpop) backpacks, who also dress kind of like idols... they definitely exist. I guess they just won't be as obvious irl, because of the lack of filters, editing, and self-confidence lol

Posted

Hidden Content

Agreed, there are limits like claiming to be of asian descent for the aesthetic, changing eye shape to fit the stereotypes of asians etc. but some of them actually do none of this. Sure, sometimes the Makeup might not be fitting, but if it's literally just Makeup and nothing else, then I see no problem. Because those are the ones I trust to grow out of their "cringy" phase, if it even is. Other than that, I just see teens having fun and not actually harming anyone 

Posted

I haven’t read up on everything about this Jasmine person, but so far she seems like the annoying friend in the group no one wants around but they’re all to nice to say it to her face.