• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3390 posts in this topic

Posted

are they trans? i can't really tell //:

He has quite a feminine voice (It's on his instagram stories named 'myself') so part of me suspects he is. Which is great and cool and all, but still doesn't excuse the trap gimmick, in my 'cis' opinion.

Posted

He has quite a feminine voice (It's on his instagram stories named 'myself') so part of me suspects he is. Which is great and cool and all, but still doesn't excuse the trap gimmick, in my 'cis' opinion.

trap jokes are kinda normal for trans masc cosplayers and cis male cosplayers that cosplay girls or like anime traps (otokonoko is the correct term but 🤪) trap is a oof term u can watch contrapoint's video about it shes very entertaining in the presentation of her opinions and she made my opinion on the traps issue kind of change (not by much bc i was p much in line w her with ) (ll๐ ₃ ๐) 

Posted (edited)

wow there are so many lurkers on this thread but nobody posts anything for 3 days lmao

haha these koreaboos can't realize that they can't pass off as Asian no matter how much they glue their eyelids or try to do Asian looking makeup. Asian features go beyond eyes and skintone and if they wanna actually look asian then the next step is plastic surgery or a lot of photoshop hahahaa

^ lol sorry i just had to post something to keep this thread alive

Edited by swifto

Posted

It's not as if the thread is dead. It's just if there is nothing to say, then there is nothing to say. Otherwise we would continuously just be repeating the same things over and over and over again and what's the point.

Posted

Jasmine posted a picture with her daughter on Instagram (I cropped it on purpose)

20190311_133550.jpg

Posted

Jasmine posted a picture with her daughter on Instagram (I cropped it on purpose)

20190311_133550.jpg

she's supposed to be half korean as well?

Posted

20190311_133550.jpg

Ugh something about her eyes makes this photo so creepy.

Posted

she's supposed to be half korean as well?

Based on Jasmine's calculations, she and her baby are both half Korean, even though Luna's father is (probably) 100% Korean. Cannot wait till she starts explaining how the guy is also mixed

Posted

Based on Jasmine's calculations, she and her baby are both half Korean, even though Luna's father is (probably) 100% Korean. Cannot wait till she starts explaining how the guy is also mixed

2A13A956-2D1A-4F3C-A769-3A62D693B43C.jpeg

Posted

2A13A956-2D1A-4F3C-A769-3A62D693B43C.jpeg

Quick Maths 😂

When I look at Jasmine's eyes I just see child's eyes. She got no clue wtf she's doing in life honestly. I'm pretty sure she's mentally ill as well so I kinda sympathize with her. I sympathize much more with the little baby though...

Posted

Ugh something about her eyes makes this photo so creepy.

if she can have a whole baby looking like that, than why am i still single?

Posted (edited)

I come across a lot of half korean half russian people (you meet one, you meet them all kinda thing lmao) and none of them look like her. I don't wanna stereotype or anything but people who are korean russian mix, they really look 10000000000% Asian.
I've noticed that a lot East Asian/European mix end up still looking pretty Asian, while South East Asians/Europeans really look more European. 

i was reading this thread and ik it's late but i could not agree more with southeast asians/europeans mix look more european cos my cousins are half filipino (mother side) and half german (father side) but they look more german than filipino. if that girl ever said that she's half russian and half southeast asian (insert country) then she could pass off as a eurasian.

Like, it's the ultimate dream for asianboos to be Korean/Japanese, so pretending to belong to BOTH ethnicities is like perfect for them lol Honestly, have you ever experienced asianboos pretending to be half Vietnamese/Cambodian/Philipino/Indonesian etc.? I'm pretty sure they only mean Korean/Japanese when they're saying they wish they were Asian :alpacadone:   

i have never encounter someone pretending to be from china and become a chinaboo or from other asian countries. i'm from southeast asia and it kind of irks me really when people say they wish they were asian yet they only mean of korean/japanese (part of east asia, though china is from that but not well known as those two mention) when there are actually 5 regions of asia (central asia, east asia, south asia, southeast asia and west asia) so if you say asian in general you are referring to all asian countries not just one specific country.

Edited by blvck

Posted (edited)

are they trans? i can't really tell //:

Slight OT but honestly it doesn’t really matter because tr*p is a transmysoginistic slur/caricature so even if they were trans (transmasc! I would assume) it’s still a transmisogynistic thing to say (unfortunately loads of western anime fans love to use the word :( makes me really upset to see)

Edited by minseoks

Posted (edited)

Slight OT but honestly it doesn’t really matter because tr*p is a transmysoginistic slur/caricature so even if they were trans (transmasc! I would assume) it’s still a transmisogynistic thing to say (unfortunately loads of western anime fans love to use the word :( makes me really upset to see)

A bit OT but:

I've always heard trap to just be a term mainly used by crossdressers/crossplayers/transvestites and not actually having to do with trans people? I don't know if cringeyaoba is trans, but especially if he is wouldn't he have even more right to use the term if he so chose to? Also trans girls like Ella Grant uses the term so it probably depends on the person and how comfortable they are with using it. It wouldn't make sense to just call everyone who uses it [blank]-phobic just because other people are uncomfortable with the term. As long as people know the difference between crossdressing and someone who is actually trans, then I don't think there's an issue.

Also I hope Jasmine's baby is raised well. Like I hope being a mother will help sober up Jasmine's delusions.

Edited by disappointedwitch
can't write