• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3123 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't believe that her relatives apparently do nothing against Jasmine's Korea obsession. How can they be okay with the whole "My baby is Korean and will grow up in Korea" schtick...?

Does her familly knows about her Korea obsession though? maybe she keeps it low while socializing with her relatives, if not it amaze me how she kinda acts like a teenager. I think it's possible too that if she's the younger child maybe she wasn't that pressured to "grow up" so they just don't pay that much attention since she's not harming someone?  

You might be onto something here. We know she has that weird delusion about being half KoReAn because she kept on posting on fb groups but her family may not know anything about that.

They (probably) only know that her baby daddy is (supposedly) Asian/Korean but nothing more.

Posted

You might be onto something here. We know she has that weird delusion about being half KoReAn because she kept on posting on fb groups but her family may not know anything about that.

They (probably) only know that her baby daddy is (supposedly) Asian/Korean but nothing more.

But some of her accounts are public? Maybe they're not much on the internet or something, but if she posted all those baby updates on her IG, I'm assuming that family members are following that couldn't be in the hospital.

Posted

But maybe they never tried searching for her other accounts since she has so many, right? same in the group posts, like maybe she has an account more family friendly where she doesn't post that much about this. I wouldn't be that surprised since i'm not really interested in my sister's social media nor she is in mine.

Posted (edited)

I don't know why but I feel like Jasmine will now slowly start losing her Korean fetish she has. Hopefully, I'm correct but I may just be trying to be optimistic.

I'm glad she managed to deliver the baby safely though. I'm sure it was nerve wracking for her, especially considering she's a single mother now but it's heart warming to see her family being so supportive of her.

Edited by BloopGrass
spelling

Posted (edited)

The sad thing is she probably won't raise her child to actually learn Korean understand and respect the culture. But Instead, she'll just teach it to fetishize Korean boys and use Google Translate. 

Edited by elefire

Posted (edited)

The sad thing is she probably won't raise her child to actually learn Korean understand and respect the culture. But Instead, she'll just teach it to fetishize Korean boys and use Google Translate. 

I'm remaining hopeful that pushing this baby into the world has helped her learn where she went wrong before. It's common for parents to start making comments on the baby's features and as far as I've seen she hasn't made any weird fetishy ones yet.

Otherwise, I suspect that you're right. 

Edited by Sugi

Posted (edited)

our boy is still whining about people not believeing he is ~AZN~

Screenshot_2019-02-09-14-38-31.thumb.png

Surprise surprise he has regular white people eyes that he thinks are asian-looking

Screenshot_2019-02-09-14-39-21.thumb.png

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

This boy needs to be grounded from social media :/

Posted

Surprise surprise he has regular white people eyes that he thinks are asian-looking

he looks like a whole ass white. such a delulu 

EC612341-F513-4CFA-9EAC-90BFA3A046A9.thu

Posted

i have never heard of anyone thinking russians are east asians

Posted (edited)

i have never heard of anyone thinking russians are east asians

The kid above may be bullshitting, but I do have a friend from high school who is Russian and most people have assumed he's Chinese. Russia is so huge that it definitely can't just be thought of as one ethnic group. There are smaller ethnic groups in Russia/Siberia who's features look similar to native ethnic groups in Alaska or other Asian ethnic groups, rather than Slavic features. For example, the Yakuts, Kets, Evenkis, Nenets, etc. I won't show a picture obviously, but he looks similar to the people in these photos of indigenous groups in Russia:

But whether that kid is actually part East Russian, not sure, especially when he won't even show a full clear photo of his face.....

Russian2.thumb.jpg.e16e10cde7bfc1ccc2117

Russian1.thumb.jpg.dfe6f2ca683e20f0cb22d

Russian3.thumb.jpg.1957c9c3e4138492850fe

Edited by disappointedwitch

Posted

The kid above may be bullshitting, but I do have a friend from high school who is Russian and most people have assumed he's Chinese. Russia is so huge that it definitely can't just be thought of as one ethnic group. There are smaller ethnic groups in Russia/Siberia who's features look similar to native ethnic groups in Alaska or other Asian ethnic groups, rather than Slavic features. For example, the Yakuts, Kets, Evenkis, Nenets, etc. I won't show a picture obviously, but he looks similar to the people in these photos of indigenous groups in Russia:

But whether that kid is actually part East Russian, not sure, especially when he won't even show a full clear photo of his face.....

Russian2.thumb.jpg.e16e10cde7bfc1ccc2117

Russian1.thumb.jpg.dfe6f2ca683e20f0cb22d

Russian3.thumb.jpg.1957c9c3e4138492850fe

but the thing is he doesn’t even look the bit ‘east asian’ he looks caucasian. i would get it if he considered himself asian because he ‘looked’ or had some sort of relationship with asian groups living in russia but he doesn’t. he prob heard or looked up on google how some russians considered themselves asian without taking into account their background. 

Posted

Hooded=/= Asian brah. Tons of white people have hooded eyes