• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3610 posts in this topic

Posted

They 'drink' the amniotic fluid, yawn, have hiccups, open their eyes, suck their fingers, move and kick like crazy. I don't know if it's just ignorance, or pure stupidity at this point

Rather rude but okay. Thanks so much for the reply.

Posted

Rather rude but okay. Thanks so much for the reply.

Ehh sounded like you were taking a dig at the unborn baby, so uh... Ok

Posted (edited)

Ehh sounded like you were taking a dig at the unborn baby, so uh... Ok

Well no, that was a genuine question and no way or form meant to take a dig at the child. I wouldn't do that. I did start it off by saying "I do not know much about ultrasounds" too to indicate where my input came from in addition to knowing that her baby is a high risk pregnancy that can result in complications.

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

This looks like something out of a horror movie WTF

tbh, I thought the same. I think it's just an unfortunate photo, but it scared the shit out of me when I was scrolling through my feed, before I realised it was an ultrasound. I follow a lot of horror/murder/mystery IGs and thought it was something posted from one of those accounts, before I saw who had posted it.

Posted

Okay I'm kinda confused now, I thought her baby was due in March? (or maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly)

Posted (edited)

She was recently on another show! Now she's going by Yoo Lana (short for Svetlana Yoo) (유라나)... apparently a girl can't keep her names straight. Her use of a Korean surname now as well and deleting anything/everything Russian from her insta is telling-- everything is coming together. Also looked into her company (HiCC Ent?) and they're super small with a bg that hasn't had a comeback in a year, so yikes.

Here's her summary from the show that I found on wikipedia

Screenshot_2019-02-02_at_10.21.49_PM.thu

Edited by Jaken

Posted

Okay I'm kinda confused now, I thought her baby was due in March? (or maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly)

She's probably gonna get induced or have a csection to end it early 

Posted

She was recently on another show! Now she's going by Yoo Lana (short for Svetlana Yoo) (유라나)... apparently a girl can't keep her names straight. Her use of a Korean surname now as well and deleting anything/everything Russian from her insta is telling-- everything is coming together. Also looked into her company (HiCC Ent?) and they're super small with a bg that hasn't had a comeback in a year, so yikes.

Here's her summary from the show that I found on wikipedia

Screenshot_2019-02-02_at_10.21.49_PM.thu

maybe its just me but i dont see the somi similarity at all???? i look more like somi than she does (and i dont look that much like even a poor version somi at all)

i do see the kyulkyung thing and i could see a nancy comparison cuz of her nose

tbh to make it in korea you kind of have to go the route shes going cuz being foreigner is not appealing--look at every celeb whos made it work compared to those who did not (nugu idols like shannon and the girl from rania? come to mind)--so yeah it might be a bit kboo leaning? but honestly if i were her i would do the same cuz u gotta make it in the business

so that show shes on is about intelligence...can someone answer, is she actually smart? or witty or funny? im just curious

Posted

Jasmine is in labor 20190204_213415.thumb.jpg.cc7d5747e4ca43

Posted (edited)

Jasmine is in labor 20190204_213415.thumb.jpg.cc7d5747e4ca43

Woah looks pretty legit...but will motherhood be enough to get her to realize her behavior is problematic? I've seen it happen before so who knows?

Edited by Sugi

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

From looking at her insta she tries very hard to look like Yang Mi.  Anyone else see that?

P.S. ignore if there is a picture at the bottom, I can't seem to get rid of it

bonus.JPG

Edited by Omega3

Posted (edited)

tbh to make it in korea you kind of have to go the route shes going cuz being foreigner is not appealing--look at every celeb whos made it work compared to those who did not (nugu idols like shannon and the girl from rania? come to mind)--so yeah it might be a bit kboo leaning? but honestly if i were her i would do the same cuz u gotta make it in the business

so that show shes on is about intelligence...can someone answer, is she actually smart? or witty or funny? im just curious

True, but Shannon was half Korean and a lot of problems arose with her company being crappy (MBK) and her problematic behavior (called someone retarded/autistic, and said the "lesser n word" all on V Live) . Also Rania before, during, and after Alex joined was nugu -- her being foreign didn't make people reject the group more than they already did.

I understand that she might need to "blend in" to make it, but her Russianness is impossible to hide on video? The angles that  TV appearances/ MVs /photoshoots will show her at aren't going to be the perfect ones that she uses to look East Asian on her instagram, and the second they dye/style her hair most of her Asian semblance will disappear. I see how it could be beneficial if she just wanted to do modelling/photo ads, but hiding her foreignness just won't be possible if she becomes an idol, so I don't really get why she thinks having a fake face on IG is appealing.

Live action she look as Asian :

Screenshot_2019-02-05_at_4.17.49_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-02-05_at_4.17.22_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-02-05_at_4.21.13_PM.thum

I also watched a few clips and she was fine, polite, just a little bland. She was basically there because it was their "foreigners who speak Korean well" episode. In terms of the other foreigners on there though, she didn't compare intellectually imo. Tyler (actual member of the Problematic Men team) is so well versed in Korean culture, history, and language; Daniel Tudor, a guest, was president of the Korean branch of the Economist, was a Blue House overseas speech advisor, and is a part of Mensa (high IQ society basically); the other woman on the show, Oumaima Fatih is studying Korean engineering because she wants to go back and help her country, Morocco, become as technologically advanced as Korea. Svetlana is studying political diplomacy, but from what I did she didn't really go into depth (probably because she came to Korea originally because she was obsessed with dramas and everyone else was drawn to Korea for academia). 

At the end of the day, she's pretty and she seems fairly nice and intelligent, I just don't like her faking her race, especially after clearly stating she's 100% Caucasian Russian, but "looks mixed" because her dad had "Korean eyes"

Edited by Jaken

Posted (edited)

Soo the baby is here! Although she will most likely have to stay in the hospital for a time since I think she is premature  amdathat they usually keep babies that are that small in for a little longer iirc

Screenshot_20190206-235203.png

Edited by VioletRhapsody