• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

4103 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know if anyone here uses the app Amino but if you do, does anyone else feel like there has been a TON of koreaboo's faking being asian/half Asian recently? Especially in the Korean/kpop centered amino's?

There's this smaller Korean-related amino I'm in and just this past week there has been at least 10 new members all claiming to be half or full Korean/Asian in their introductions. They also all claim be learning Korean and can speak it at an advanced/fluent level, many claim they were born in Seol (or Busan bc JIMIN/JUNGKOOK OPPA!!) and at least half of them say they are trying to become an idol trainees 🤦‍♀️

go to army amino theres LOADS of kboos lol. i’ve exposed many for their b^llsh^t and it’s so funny i kid you not. a lot of them if not all use ‘ulzzang’ photos like you can’t google reverse them 🙄 i wish i still had the screenshots but i erased them to make space for dog pics 🤪 i might have them on google photos but i’ll have to see 

Posted (edited)

seems like she shoops her face a lot, but her dancing is better than what we've seen around here with all the k-idols wanna be.  Is she pretending to be korean in any shape or form? (when I checked her page she had removed the korean flag from the description)

i was about to say, at least her dancing is kinda good? she has energy and kinda like...acts while doing it, idk low key diggin it ... unlike 90% of the kboos who just...flap around lol. she just seems to abuse snow/meitu but then again, a lot of people do nowdays, i dunno.

Edited by vader_chan

Posted

A few months ago I mentioned a Russian girl named Eugenia Svetlana in the General Koreaboo Thread but with her most recent posts I think she deserves to be here now. 

Here is what she looked like during her TV program days (2015-2016?)

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.41.45_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.42.00_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.00.32_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.01.10_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.01.54_PM.thum

To me she just looked like a pretty, dark-haired Russian.

She disappeared around 2017 after her "foreigner who could speak Korean" fame wore out, but she became popular on her IG. Her looks started to change but I thought it was just her angles/continued facial development (2017-2018):

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.52.39_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.10.52_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.10.04_PM.thum

To me she started to look a lot more Asian, but she was living in Korea so I just thought it was the combo of her looks maturing + use of Korean fashion/makeup styles. 

But now here we are. She looks different in almost every photo and she's deleted a lot of her older photos where she looks more Russian  (2018-2019):

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.54.47_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.11.11_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_7.18.21_PM.thum

She's apparently going to be debuting (this was news last year, but I haven't really heard anything about it and the photo she posted with the announcement has been deleted since) and so I assumed maybe it was just the makeup and clothing and her natural face, but after seeing her recently tagged photos and watching her MV feature, she looks the same as she did 3 years ago:

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.52.20_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.44.47_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.47.57_PM.thum

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.48.16_PM.thum

She hasn't really claimed to be Asian, but her shooping herself to the extent that she is is really rubbing me the wrong way, as the huge wave of followers she's recently gained has been followed with the deletion of all her Russian looking photos, her family photo (showing both of her parents are white),  the Russian flag out of her bio, and her first name (I've seen like 3 rus/kor people who do the same, so this is kinda sus to me). I find her naturally pretty and I don't understand why she's putting this "Asian cast" over her face and purposely trying to seem ~ambiguous~. 

Posted

Hidden Content

If you ask me, she was definitely aiming for that look in her older TV appearances too. I thought maybe she had some nose work done, but she appears to have the same nose as she did in this childhood photo

SmartSelect_20190131-095640_Instagram.thsome people on onehallyu claimed she was using the last name Yoo and that she's from Sakhalin, so that might explain the ambiguousity where her race is concerned. I guess we would have to see her parents, but I guess it's possible that she just ended up looking more Asian than her parents because there's a lot of genetically mixed people in that area...

she could be lying about the whole Sakhalin thing as well. But here's what google shows 

SmartSelect_20190131-100710_Chrome.thumb

SmartSelect_20190131-100728_Chrome.thumb

Posted

If you ask me, she was definitely aiming for that look in her older TV appearances too. I thought maybe she had some nose work done, but she appears to have the same nose as she did in this childhood photo

SmartSelect_20190131-095640_Instagram.th

some people on onehallyu claimed she was using the last name Yoo and that she's from Sakhalin, so that might explain the ambiguousity where her race is concerned. I guess we would have to see her parents, but I guess it's possible that she just ended up looking more Asian than her parents because there's a lot of genetically mixed people in that area...

Here's a photo of her and her mom, so if she is mixed it isn't from her mother's side.

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_8.33.23_PM.thum

If I'm remembering correctly there were also photos of her dad out there somewhere, and he was white as well. Could be wrong, though. I'll look and post here if I'm able to find one.

Posted

Here's a photo of her and her mom, so if she is mixed it isn't from her mother's side.

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_8.33.23_PM.thum

If I'm remembering correctly there were also photos of her dad out there somewhere, and he was white as well. Could be wrong, though. I'll look and post here if I'm able to find one.

Looking again, her jaw and mouth look pretty different in her photos vs the TV appearances. I don't know if that counts as "race-faking" though.

one thing I'm pretty sure she is faking though is her name.

Someone linked to an interview with her and the google translation says "

the questions about 'mixed blood' always seem to be difficult to answer. I even asked SNS and once I uploaded my parents' pictures. Mother and father are all Russian. My mother is a pure Russian, but her eyes are small. So my mother looks like a mixed race. My father 's eyes are like Korean eyes. It looks like you are getting that misunderstanding because you are like that of yours.

Q: When I looked at SNS, there was also a Korean name called Yu-ebi.

I made it after my stay. The name "Ebie" was used to make my Korean name because it is hard for my Korean friends to call my real name. I chose one of the many options. All of them were names with beauty, and among them, silver is the best and I chose it.

Posted

Hidden Content

I don’t think she’s pretendinv per say, I think it’s just her ~aesthetic~ since she lives/has lived in Korea for a while. 

Her insta bio was I’m not mixed for a long time and during the olympics she posted a TON of Russian pride posts. 

Posted

Flying.blue w/o them filters

Screenshot_20190130-221203_Chrome.jpg

Posted

Jasmine update 

20190131_203122.thumb.jpg.ee4ef8eb6daf99

Posted

Hidden Content

OMG I probably said this already but she looks like a mix of Yang Mi (one of my fav Chinese actresses) and Somi. 

When will Somi debut and why isn't she debuting with JYP's new gg T_T 

BTW check out Yang Mi's drama, Eternal Love (三生三世十里桃花), it's available on Netflix ❤️

Posted

Jasmine update 

20190131_203122.thumb.jpg.ee4ef8eb6daf99

This looks like something out of a horror movie WTF

Anyway, I do not know much about ultrasounds but I don't think they're supposed to have gaping mouths before birth and a hole in their nose at this point. Is this a cleft lip or deformed face or both??

Posted

Anyway, I do not know much about ultrasounds but I don't think they're supposed to have gaping mouths before birth and a hole in their nose at this point. Is this a cleft lip or deformed face or both??

What? Babies open their mouth all the time and have nostrils. Some even suck their thumbs. At this stage of pregnancy there's not much space, so faces can be a bit squished 

Posted

What? Babies open their mouth all the time and have nostrils. Some even suck their thumbs. At this stage of pregnancy there's not much space, so faces can be a bit squished 

i thought they don't move much and always have their mouths sealed shut but ok

Posted

i thought they don't move much and always have their mouths sealed shut but ok

They 'drink' the amniotic fluid, yawn, have hiccups, open their eyes, suck their fingers, move and kick like crazy. I don't know if it's just ignorance, or pure stupidity at this point