• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3621 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the above dude is using his own Japanese language SKILL rather than google translate? Still sounds awkward af though.

あなたは…私は…>_>

Posted

^^ agreed.

Not exactly sure if it's Google Translate, but a lot of what he's writing is super awkward to me?? 

Posted

lmao he attempted to erase his nose bridge between his eyes and eye creases to try to have a flatter profile and look more asian but he left too much blur which makes the edit really obvious

Screenshot_2019-01-29-15-06-45-1.thumb.p

and hiding his left eye since it's already enough work editing one eye 🤷🏼‍♀️.. also just slapping a heart emoji on his entire nose will do the trick! Voila! #asiannnn

Posted

Does anyone else find the ulzzang aesthetic a dead giveaway?!

I swear the only people into the ulzzang style in the ~current year~ are white people who want to look asian :alpacaconfused: It's like they think all korean/japanese people have white skin and big slanted eyes and uhg its so disgusting, their stereotypes are so racist ¬.¬ 

Posted

I've literally never seen anything so dumb before, what Xi said about Nave on that live WAS A JOKE!!! And Nave lives in Israel, Israel is in Asia, its literally on the damn subcontinent of ASIA!!! And he only broadcasted that he's Asian because people kept saying that he isn't. Israelities are literally the closest thing you can get to a white Asian ever. And I'm educated and I know my facts, you guys clearly don't. Especially if you're making a thread about a 13 year old over a gross website. I'm only Israeli German, so it makes sense as to why I look white. You're "facts" are invalid. Sorry.

Levi.

Posted

I swear the only people into the ulzzang style in the ~current year~ are white people who want to look asian :alpacaconfused: It's like they think all korean/japanese people have white skin and big slanted eyes and uhg its so disgusting, their stereotypes are so racist ¬.¬ 

exactly. if you use ulzzang it’s kinda obvious you want to appeal to EA/more specially korean ideals. which aka makes you a kboo. i love how nave tries to justify his kboos ways. though it’s kinda off how hes using korean hashtags but japanese sentences/etc. guess he couldn’t make his mind up on what he wanted to be so he said, ‘why not both?’ 

Posted

exactly. if you use ulzzang it’s kinda obvious you want to appeal to EA/more specially korean ideals. which aka makes you a kboo. i love how nave tries to justify his kboos ways. though it’s kinda off how hes using korean hashtags but japanese sentences/etc. guess he couldn’t make his mind up on what he wanted to be so he said, ‘why not both?’ 

aSiA iS mOrE tHaN kOrEa N jApAn 

Posted

i thought nave would've learned after this social media break, but i guess not.

a lot of his japanese is translated and very awkward (his own assumed skill). using 私は and あなたは especially; no fluent or even mildly fluent japanese speaker would write it out like that. most of his captions translate to the likes of "i lost people" "i'm hurt" etc.

his bio says:

私が知っているのは痛みだけです: i only know pain
すべての写真は私のものです: all pictures are mine
DM経由で連絡: contact via DM.

all of these are, at best, translated because the formatting is the same as google translate, and 私は is an honest giveaway.

Posted

yup

Initially they looked like they were messing and pocking around, but then edgxii was like "I'm gonna expose you lol Ur white. Your real name is Evan." Then Evan blocked him live and he got disconnected. But I think he unblocked him after the live was over because edgxii is still following Evan right now.

Anyway, I found out that edgxii is following both Sky (monotonesoraa) and her cousin Abel (pekoabu)??? :frowny:

Honestly, I think we're just hitting the tip of the iceberg of a massive koreaboo circle on IG because a lot of these people are Koreaboo acquaintances, mutuals and followers.

Also, Evan's best friend Levi is the same.

Screenshot_2019-01-14-19-58-22.thumb.png

Screenshot_2019-01-14-20-14-43-1.thumb.p

Levi posted a new picture just a few hours ago:

Screenshot_2019-01-14-20-14-54-1.thumb.p

But here's reality from stories:

Screenshot_2019-01-14-20-15-14.thumb.png

Text is: "‏אסיה חיי נראה ישלי פעמיים עפעפיים ן". I think this translate to "Asian eyes can be double eyelids too" or something similar. (My Hebrew is not good srry)

Screenshot_2019-01-14-20-15-19.thumb.png

thanks for ss shit from my story??? angles are a thing...

Posted

yes... the ulzzang trend is very 2000s era in korea.. I don’t think people use it much or at all anymore. So the hashtag is so koreaboo to me.

Posted

Hes trying to be gross amalgamation of both Korea and Japan wannabe with his kore wa pen desu Japanese and #ulzzang hashtag... and ofc he had to put the obnoxious I am #ASIAN. Sounds like a proud "#insert unpopular asian nationality" to me... not.

The fact hes trying desperately to erase any feature that is deemed "caucasian" to him is laughable.

Gotta get as close "genetically" and relatable to all the kawaii kpop boys and animu hyungs as much possible!  三三ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Posted

I don't know if anyone here uses the app Amino but if you do, does anyone else feel like there has been a TON of koreaboo's faking being asian/half Asian recently? Especially in the Korean/kpop centered amino's?

There's this smaller Korean-related amino I'm in and just this past week there has been at least 10 new members all claiming to be half or full Korean/Asian in their introductions. They also all claim be learning Korean and can speak it at an advanced/fluent level, many claim they were born in Seol (or Busan bc JIMIN/JUNGKOOK OPPA!!) and at least half of them say they are trying to become an idol trainees 🤦‍♀️

Posted

Something seems off about this girl:alpacaconfused:

Screenshot_20190130-233912_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190130-234107_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Something seems off about this girl:alpacaconfused:

Screenshot_20190130-233912_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190130-234107_Instagram.jpg

seems like she shoops her face a lot, but her dancing is better than what we've seen around here with all the k-idols wanna be.  Is she pretending to be korean in any shape or form? (when I checked her page she had removed the korean flag from the description)

Posted

seems like she shoops her face a lot, but her dancing is better than what we've seen around here with all the k-idols wanna be.  Is she pretending to be korean in any shape or form? (when I checked her page she had removed the korean flag from the description)

Still there for me

Screenshot_2019-01-30_at_6.01.09_PM.thum