• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3659 posts in this topic

Posted

Benefits/welfare still give you a basic room, in Canada we have health coverage no matter what (basically). It's just odd that she'd have a private room to herself because it's expensive even if your middle class

Same in France but unless you are in a private clinic - for you which you pay extra - or have good health insurance - for which you pay a lot of cash - you often end up in a double room, no matter what the urgency of your condition is.

But I guess as some have said, it might depend on the hospital / how busy it is / how severe they think her condition is.

Posted

Update from jasmine's ig, looks like she might not go into labor for another few weeks, doctors are just making sure her and the baby will be safe.

Screenshot_20190123-203517_Instagram.thu

Posted

Update from jasmine's ig, looks like she might not go into labor for another few weeks, doctors are just making sure her and the baby will be safe.

Screenshot_20190123-203517_Instagram.thu

Honestly this isn't looking too good... From what I read as long as you're getting a weekly stress test and ultra sound that comes up looking good, you're all good to go (except with the possibility of induced labor in between 30-40 weeks). From what she said, it seems like her baby might have underdeveloped kidneys or bladder that's lead to a serious infection (which is one of the risks with 1 vein umbilical cords if the amniotic fluid is contaminated). By not inducing, monitoring her so closely, giving her antibiotics, and doing bloodwork, the baby probably isn't doing well and is at an actual risk of death. If anything starts to go wrong at least they'll know almost immediately and can deliver the baby to help treat any worsening problems. 

Tl;DR seriously good luck Jasmine. 

But also her stomach is really strangely flat... Not really a 7 (almost 8!) months belly. 

Posted

This thread is such a read lol

I know so many non-asians pretending to be asian in my country, but I think that their follower count is not enough to be posted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's literally this one girl photoshopping and squinting her eyes, who also, PREPARE FOR THIS, wants to make her followers believe she's in a relationship w BTS' Jungkook... (she's going to be 19 soon which makes this even more sad)... 

Posted

Honestly this isn't looking too good... From what I read as long as you're getting a weekly stress test and ultra sound that comes up looking good, you're all good to go (except with the possibility of induced labor in between 30-40 weeks). From what she said, it seems like her baby might have underdeveloped kidneys or bladder that's lead to a serious infection (which is one of the risks with 1 vein umbilical cords if the amniotic fluid is contaminated). By not inducing, monitoring her so closely, giving her antibiotics, and doing bloodwork, the baby probably isn't doing well and is at an actual risk of death. If anything starts to go wrong at least they'll know almost immediately and can deliver the baby to help treat any worsening problems. 

Tl;DR seriously good luck Jasmine. 

Hidden Content

While I think Jasmine is delusional and was wishing her pregnancy to be fake, this makes me sad. I don’t want anything bad to happen to a very real baby and I do hope it’s okay and they both have support 

Posted

So I've posted in this thread a few times and been lurking for a while and I just wanna say a few things. 

This is OT so:

Listen, I just wanna say this: I'm mixed Korean-European, married to a Korean guy, frequently listen to kpop, like anime, don't speak Korean well, not super interested in Korean history....I fit a lot of tropes for race fakers/kboos. The difference is that I know myself, and learned to love myself for the most part. For the longest time, I was REALLY ashamed of my nerdiness and tried to hide it and went through a bunch of different phases of trying to match everyone's expectations/what they thought I would be versus being who I actually am (I grew up before liking kpop/anime and being mixed were "cool"). Then I met people who were just as weird as me and had an epiphany that I could be my weird self and I'd be able to find people who liked me for me. Such an average epiphany....I know. But I also think everyone has their own clan they can find, and conversely everyone can be perceived as weird to someone, so it's not an inherently bad thing. And at the end of the day, that kind of stuff is pretty superficial, it doesn't define your character (minus the heritage, which is obviously important). I'm not active on social media which may be a part of it, but I've never been called a race faker-most likely because I post pics of my family relatively frequently. But personally I don't think it's a big deal getting "called out" if you have nothing to hide--you can (1) ignore it and go about your day or (2) prove it and go about your day. You don't need to defend yourself or tell everyone your personal history, just show a family pic if you want to and if people still press, you can be like "Listen, I showed a pic. If you still don't believe me, that's your issue." I find most of the time, the people who are faking their face are the ones who put the most effort into defending their "story" cuz they know it's not true and are afraid of being found out. Whereas real mixed people....are like, if I tell you grass is green and you say it could be red you could be lying how do I know who knows like why would I bother arguing with you, you're just wrong.

My advice to you, from one mixed person who went through struggles to be who I am is this: just let yourself figure it out and take your time and don't pay attention to what other people think of you, good or bad. People will always judge you one way or another and honestly being put on a pedestal has its downfalls just as much as being thought of as abnormal. The only people who's opinions should matter to you are the people who care about you and who you care about, and if they're the right people then they will accept you and not judge you. Just be who you are and put it out there online, or not it's really up to you. Don't let these dumb people dictate your life or your actions in any way or feel ashamed/stressed, cuz THEY DUMB. 

Sorry if it came off preachy, but JUST IN THE OFF CHANCE you were really getting torn up by this stuff I just wanted to give you my two cents. Take it or leave it but there it is! 

To go back on topic:

People who race-fake are offensive and annoying. I don't get why people say it's no big deal, cuz to me it is kind of a big thing to lie about and for no reason other than clout most times, which makes it more messed up imho.

As for Jasmine....I had hoped she was lying just for the sake of her unborn child but as everyone else has said I hope the baby makes her a better person and she and her daughter are healthy. 

Posted

Lol just checked him out and his PS is so messy lol. I don't understand how boys that don't even show their faces on IG and dress/present themselves as Asian have all these thirsty "fans." Like, their yellow fever/fetish is really coming out.

Hidden Content

this koreaboo at my school lives in the delusion that she is dateing a bts member

Posted

Does Yohio fit in here lol 

Posted (edited)

Where is he now? His story is kinda old now, Does he still look the same?

This girl I know used to date him so I just checked his profile on Facebook and apparently he lives in Busan now, don't know if it's true. No idea what's he's doing for a living, but it doesn't look like he's regretted his surgery. He was mistaken for a kpop idol and he seemed very proud of it, even though without edition he looks nothing like a korean guy. I have 6 mutual friends with him and it honestly saddens me haha because he's so cringey. I still don't know why this acquaintance of mine ever dated him, 'cause she's half japanese. I'd be offended if I was half asian tbh. But that's none of my business anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by NB

Posted

Looks like Jasmine is back home again

Screenshot_20190125-100805.png

Posted

Noticed the Korean letters on her clavicle...

Posted

This is a face of someone who will become a mother. The editing and that fact do not go well with me. A kid has a kid.

Posted (edited)

The KOREAN letters on her HALF KOREAN clavicle

Edited by momo9
idk what happened but it glitched oof