• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3531 posts in this topic

Posted

native Korean here!

you can also use 맞아 (마자마자 if you want it to sound cuter) in my personal experience it's a bit uncommon for people to respond with "응." I find that うん is more common with my Japanese friends

there are so many koreaboos/weaboos pretending like they're fluent in korean/japanese that it makes actual hard working students look bad along with them :/

Best of luck in your studies!

OT! idk how to spoiler on my phone sry.. 

i just wanted to say, thank you! also, especially since I check this thread a lot, im always kinda anxious about being called a kboo or something cause, i started learning the language cause,i mean, languages are cool. . and i also kinda got into the pop culture too because, its easier to learn like that (thats how i learned english lol)....but having so many race fakers and kboos/weebs in general kinda makes me feel weird about liking some stuff ugh....

end od blog post, thank you for your time 😅

Posted

Why is he so obsessed with swastikas?

my guess is, it's a punk thing? a lot of punks wore the swastika as a symbol of rebellion but like that was in the 80s i think. I don't see it too much nowadays but maybe it's bc I'm in Europe as well and we take the symbol seriously esp in these times

Posted

Has this person ever been posted before? (I couldn’t find anything)

Their name is Serena and they are pretty adamant about being half Korean. My friend knows her and told me she constantly speak in butchered and broken Korean most likely from google translate. 

She says Korean is her first language (I’m including a screenshot of her speaking Korean, she’s the one with the green username)

What she actually is: Norwegian, born and raised  

https://instagram.com/sriver_2_23?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=xfvejkl7oofkhttps://instagram.com/sriver_2_23?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=xfvejkl7oofk

36ACA1FD-40A2-4F0B-BCA1-3F61F5479C6F.jpeg

maybemaybe I'm wrong because I'm not Korean but is that not the most awkward conversation ever??? It doesn't make sense to me lmao are they both koreaboos????

Posted

maybemaybe I'm wrong because I'm not Korean but is that not the most awkward conversation ever??? It doesn't make sense to me lmao are they both koreaboos????

loool most likely? They're probably both using google translate, thinking they won't get caught.

Posted

my guess is, it's a punk thing? a lot of punks wore the swastika as a symbol of rebellion but like that was in the 80s i think. I don't see it too much nowadays but maybe it's bc I'm in Europe as well and we take the symbol seriously esp in these times

But aren't punks usually left wingers? At least in my country they'd beat up anyone displaying nazi-esque symbols. 

Posted

Manji isn't a swastika though. (Swastika is inverted, history of nazis blah blah)

It's the symbol used for temples in Japan. Also it's become used in Japanese slang for マジ

Pretty sure this video has been posted on PULL many times but, interesting nonetheless 

Posted (edited)

“lilshinitai” posted about his brother so I looked at his page (fackingluehead). I can’t find anything about specifically being Japanese (lol) but he DOES wear iron crosses, has a Japanese rising sun flag hanging up, talks about his hair/using hairspray a lot, and randomly posts about anime. Soooo ummm yeah

Someones called him Nazi punk scum on one of his iron cross photos and his reply was “haha what”. Dude you’re wearing a huge iron cross, what do you expect

People call him out for it on other posts but he doesn’t seem to reply

(Sorry I can’t post images, on mobile)

Edited by bunnycake
more info

Posted

But aren't punks usually left wingers? At least in my country they'd beat up anyone displaying nazi-esque symbols. 

they are, it was really just a rebellious thing -- you can find some stuff about it by googling punk + swastika so it's a known thing 

I know Sid Vicious wore the symbol because he felt it was some sort of act against authority, but people were really divided about doing that (I think the Clash were very vocal about not letting anyone with a swastika touch their stuff for example). That whole "movement" was during the early years of punk and imho it was just to provoke and shock people -- I personally think it's in poor taste but some punks get attached to it

I'm getting sidetracked but I feel like with time passing, some people view it as something edgy or whatever. Like, part of the punk aesthetic, but it's really not something that's well accepted esp with the fact that there is such a thing as nazipunk and shit like that

Posted

I knew a bit of the punk history but I think nowadays it’s just especially in bad taste. Thanks for explaining in so much depth!

Posted (edited)

“lilshinitai” posted about his brother so I looked at his page (fackingluehead). I can’t find anything about specifically being Japanese (lol) but he DOES wear iron crosses, has a Japanese rising sun flag hanging up, talks about his hair/using hairspray a lot, and randomly posts about anime. Soooo ummm yeah

Someones called him Nazi punk scum on one of his iron cross photos and his reply was “haha what”. Dude you’re wearing a huge iron cross, what do you expect

People call him out for it on other posts but he doesn’t seem to reply

(Sorry I can’t post images, on mobile)

I dont think fackinggluehead is his real brother. They live in two different places,  as far as I'm aware.

and definitely not trying to WK but the Iron Cross is stilled used here in Germany today by the military. It's not seen as a malicious Nazi symbol. 

Edited by rootbranch

Posted

Uhhhh.... I'm all kinds of uncomfortable with the way she's already fetishizing her baby.

I actually have a baby who's half Korean. At no point in my pregnancy or after did I feel the need to say "Yes hi this is my MIXED baby. She's mixed with kKoreeAAaNn. She's a halfie. She's mixed btw. I'm a vessel for a mixed baby! I procreated with a real life KoreEaEann #mixedbabies #halfkorean #koreanbabies" 

The only time I've ever felt the need to disclose is when we're out and a stranger might ask specifically what her ethnicity is. 

Of course I'm proud of my baby! My husband and I think the world of her! But we love her as any parent should, not just because of one small aspect of her.

I just think it's so sick for her to use her baby as a prop to garner attention for herself. I'm really hoping she's faking this. I wouldn't be surprised if she teaches her kid to only acknowledge their Korean side and be ashamed of the other half. A child deserves to grow up knowing every part of them is valued and loved.

Ugh, she's an r/raisedbynarcissists horror story waiting to happen.

This exactly too. My daughter is also half Korean and my husband and I do not point it out at all. She's my child and that's all she ever is to me. I love her completely because she is my child. I feel absolutely horrible for this girl's child when she does have her. 

Posted

Oof I hate when these people are so convinced that they are speaking fluently and when someone tries to correct them they make up some mad bullshit 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by lei
nvm lol