Snowflake banner

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I was wondering whats going on with the new banner? Did the artist bail or what happened? It's been soon one year since topic was active.

I was thinking that too...

Posted

Like shit guys I'll draw the banner

Posted

I asked two artists in March to make our banner! One bailed in April, the other gave me an update in August but hasn't sent anything since. ): I guess artist applications are back open, but just keep in mind this is a massive project.

Posted

Can I be completely stupid and ask who the two middle girls in the current banner are? I recognize Venus, Kanadajin, Johanna, Wylona (maybe?) but I can't recognize the others. For some reason it's hard for my brain to process the art style. No shade to the artist, the banner looks amazing, my brain is just being stupid lol

Posted

Tbh I was pretty sure it will end like that - idea is cool, but the amount of work and problems with working online are terrible. I was making current banner in duet with Pancake on Parade having some of drawings prepared and ready to changes and still it has taken a lot of work and engagement... 

One has to be really determined to finish it.

Posted

Can I be completely stupid and ask who the two middle girls in the current banner are? I recognize Venus, Kanadajin, Johanna, Wylona (maybe?) but I can't recognize the others. For some reason it's hard for my brain to process the art style. No shade to the artist, the banner looks amazing, my brain is just being stupid lol

Kiki (Left) and her sister Dakota Rose (Right) also yep that's Wylona.

Tbh I was pretty sure it will end like that - idea is cool, but the amount of work and problems with working online are terrible. I was making current banner in duet with Pancake on Parade having some of drawings prepared and ready to changes and still it has taken a lot of work and engagement... 

One has to be really determined to finish it.

Am I reading this correct in that you was making the banner for PULL (along with another person)?

Posted

Am I reading this correct in that you was making the banner for PULL (along with another person)?

yep and it was really time consuming process. I can check how long it has taken, because I should have access to the emails... the most important info is that our banner is based on another project started long time ago, that involved few people and even then weren’t able to finish it. So PULL has really long story of custom banner fails unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

Maybe we should just make a group pledge or something, then commission a trusted artist to draw it? Maybe that would speed up the process.

Edited by echo