Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What is good at Sephora, Ulta, Makeup counter, Indy brand, or Drugstore ?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I got gift card from my boyfriend for Sephora on Christmas. Every time I go to Sephora I haven’t found anything I liked or wanted. I started this thread to hear what are  you’re favorites, wishlist, what products to avoid, and what is buzzing in the makeup world. 

Posted

Ooooh I love Sephora!

My favourite brand aesthetically would probably be Too Faced. They have a lot of cute things that have great packaging, to me are pretty quality, and cruelty free! I use their pallets for eyeshadow and I have a Teddy Bear brush set from them that's really nice.

Kat Von Dee is also good and I believe cruelty free. For not cruelty free there's Mac and I believe Boxbux.

Posted

I do like Too Faced, I do own some things from them. I’m torn between peach matte eyeshadow pallet and the white peach one. I haven’t played with Kat Von Day that much. I feel her makeup is overwhelming to me at times. I do want to buy some eyeshadows from her brand soon. I did buy a lipstick and lip liner from Mac recently. They are being sold at Ulta now.

Posted

I'm not gonna lie: I feel like I've fallen out of love with makeup. I think I over-shopped last year, tried all that stuff I wanted to try and the excitement is all gone. I think it's also because I've settled for the more natural look anyways and I'm experimenting less. 

Sephora: Fenty Beauty seems to be the it-brand of today. Trophy Wife is gorgeous but I cannot pull that off. I don't own anything from this line yet, but it looks promising. If I ever get around to finishing a highlight LOL.

Ulta: Ok, we don't have an Ulta here in Aus. I like MAC lippies and MSFs but they're not new and exciting. Lipstick Queen, I only like their Sinner lipsticks. I use Lanolips Lemonaid... so it's under the brand "Lano" on the website. It depends on what you look for in a lip balm, but this is one in a squeeze tube and comes out like an ointment.

Drugstore: I feel like Maybelline have been killing it with the releases in the recent years, ignoring the Gigi collection. My go-to are Max Factor and Bourjois... so on the pricier end. 

Posted

I'm a bit on the poor side so drugstore stuff is my thing.

ELF usually has really nice products, their eyeliners are pretty good and I use their setting powders too.

Wet n Wild Photo Focus and Maybelline Fit Me are both really good foundations, especially if you're pale as hell like I am. Maybelline released a new lighter shade than their original lightest and it wears so well and fits my skintone perfectly.

Hard Candy has some nice lipsticks in fun colors. Their eyeshadows and liners are also pretty pigmented.

That's al I can think of that's really noteworthy ahaha

Posted

For Sephora, the Modern Renaissance palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. The eyeshadows feel so much smoother and not as chalky as the Peach palettes from Too Faced. There's a pretty noticeable difference if you try swatching the two.

Posted (edited)

I really like Kat Von D because they're my fav for eyeshadows and lipstick (I wear a lot of dark make-up), and I use Fenty and Makeup Forever for foundations and stuff like that. Honestly, it goes a long way if you invest into good base makeup (foundation, concealer, etc). Idk how the staff are in your country but when I went to Sephora in Paris they were so lovely to me and helped me out matching a foundation and concealer for my skin (I have very light skin btw and very basic French as well). Don't be afraid to ask the staff to help you out if you need it.

Edited by andraste