Sometime ago I stumbled upon a thread on lolcow (or something like this) and saw this girl I “knew” from twitter. She was in my suggestions of people I should follow today because I follow some of her mutual friends, so I remembered her. Anyways even though I could swear I saw a thread on here of her, I can’t seem to find anything? If she changed her name and has a thread under it or something, I’m really sorry!
But enough of the nonsense, first of all I provide some links (sorry, somehow I can't link them via the forums feature, I hope it works anyways!):
She isn’t super problematic, so please don’t get mad at me if you think she is boring. I don’t want to come off as jealous or something (because I’m certainly not) but I wanted to share someone who MIGHT be of interest, especially in the future.
That said, I’m not going into things that were said about her, when I’m not sure about them / can’t find actually proof but the list is quite long. For example disliking Japanese culture but only liking Anime or “Weeaboo”-stuff but at the same time making fun of “Weeaboo”, dropping out of school to laze around and being really spoilt, dumping her boyfriend right before she first visited japan and then go out with the first “gaijin hunter”.
To me she SEEMs kind of rude and immature, but maybe that is just me. What I found absolutely disrespectful is that she and her friends made fun of a sleeping man in the train… even with physical contact (not harming him but they certainly humiliate him):
I’ll attach some pictures as well! Because I don’t know if it is possible to place them anywhere in your post, so I can comment on them step by step I’ll put numbers on them. I’m sorry if it is confusing!
# 1 – Most likely never happened. I’ve been to Harajuku before, even though I didn’t cosplay anything but; as commonly known anyways; the fashion there is crazy. I assume because she’s gaijin there MIGHT be some interest but 500 people? I personally think that is really farfetched…
# 2.1 & 2.2 – I believe she photoshops her legs? I don’t know if she lied about it, just wanted to point it out. As Sailor Mars they don’t look as thin as in the other photo
# 3 – Has a really delusional view of Japan. I try to translate the important points (my own comments in square brackets):
- She doesn’t like Asia, she only likes Japan
- She likes Anime/Manga but doesn’t watch it [How…?]
- Japanese people are all: well behaved, tolerant, disciplined
- The people there are “bumbling / awkwardly friendly”
- Everyone is accepted: businessman, lolita and old ladies in Kimono as well
- Even hobos are admirable because they live in cool self-made carton houses [yeah, she really wrote that. What the f…?]
- The country might be crazy but that is what she loves, Germany is too plain
- The food is scrumptious, healthy and nutritious [apparently as soon as she was in Japan she hated it and for example threw away whole packages of food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m29eiRlAUTs – around 1:30, she says she doesn’t like the food] and even though she likes Hamburg, to live in Japan is her dream [same video she states that she would NEVER like to live there at around 2:40 – but to be honest, I think maybe she grew up and learned, so actually that is something positive!]
- Every sexuality is highly accepted in Japan [Honey, just because they don’t get discriminated like in Russia for example, that doesn’t mean that they welcome homosexuality with open arms…]
- She gets her point across via some examples like gay Samurai and male Geisha [Yeah, there was a time in our society when it was perfectly normal to have some catamite as male aristocratic but that was years ago… so in her logic Germany would be as accepting as for example Japan – not that here in Germany is “heavy discrimination” like in some other countries but I hope you get the point: just because there was something considered normal and not problematic years ago that doesn’t mean everyone is fine and dandy with it at this time and age]
- Japanese are uptight but she thinks that is adorable and don’t let her get started on Japanese men! She loves their looks especially because she loves androgynous looks. She also states that she’ll fall for every Japanese guy no matter his age.
# 4 – Represents an unhealthy thinking of body-image, I’ll translate it from bottom first to top [Please also keep in mind that she has a very young following, they look up to her and she posts pictures with really thin legs and a thin body and then says stuff like this]:
- “@[censored name] I always wanted to go there but every time I see a mos Burger I’m not hungry HAHAHA
- + for Japan – No matter at what time and what McDonalds, it is always fresh and never cold and scruffy [Like, when it lays around outside for too long]
- Now I made myself hungry HAHAHA Let’s see what the scale says HAHA
- The scale says a big no
# 5 – Apparently she goes out in cosplay to garner attention from Japanese people? I’ll translate it from the bottom to the top [Maybe I’m a bit uptight but that seems really cringe-worthy to me and also strange to approach strangers kids in a cosplay? Imagine a guy doing this…]
- Tweets picture of Anna from Frozen [On Instagram the caption of her cosplay is something like “Make them kids smile”]
- Okay, I’m done now. Now all I have to do to find the courage to go outside alone…
- What if there aren’t any children outside? T^T Do I stroll around or do I stand alone somewhere? Awkward level over 9000
(Bonus-Link from her Facebook post about it: https://www.facebook.com/YazoChan/posts/1048155061899309:0)